Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, March 15, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Rest

It is Friday and time for five minutes of writing bliss.  I look so forward to the five minutes of free writing each week and you can too.  How?  It is simple, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back to Lisa-Jo's and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Rest…

GO:

Matthew 11:28 tells us, "28 Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."  and I have drawn upon this verse often in my life.  When the stresses of having aging parents, dying parents, dementia'd parents, teaching, being a mother, being a daughter, being a friend,  being family all have come crashing in I pull out my father's old dog eared Bible....and find this verse.  It is easy to find and you can tell my father read it many times.  When I open his bible....I close my eyes and envision my father reading from this very bible to me when I was a child.  I hear him teaching Sunday School to children from this very bible.  I hear him singing the words to the old hymn, "It Is Well With My Soul."  My mom gave him this bible for Christmas many years ago....and in this bible...buried in the words of God....I find rest and peace and notes my father left on sermons, life, and important facts.  I always lift the bible to my nose and smell....I love the smell of a good book....but this book offers so much more than that.  This book smells of my father....as I sit there...preparing to read....I rest....in the arms of my earthly fathers memory....and my Heavenly Father's message....and rest comes....and all my world is at peace.  It truly is...well with my soul.

STOP

No comments: