Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, March 22, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Remember

It is that time for Five Minute Friday.  I love this activity because it helps me focus on topics and it also helps me remember stories I have forgotten.  So how does it work?  Well it is pretty easy....you get the topic, write about for five uninterrupted minutes, post and link.  Simple huh?  Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!

OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Remember…

Go:

 I remember the day my best friend, Carol got married.  She was a beautiful bride.  I sang at her wedding.  Donna and Kathy were there too.  It was 1975 and the last time ever that the four of us would be together.
I remember fishing with my dad when I was small.  I loved it when he treated me like a big girl and took me along.  He would tell stories and I loved being with him any chance I got.

I remember Christmas at Aunt Lavernes.  Judy, Sherry and I were the only girl cousins. 

I rmemeber taking Jill and Kat to the park by the airport when they were little.  They loved posing.
I remember every special event with Jill and Kat that involved bows always ended in a picture of them wearing one(or more) of the bows on their heads.

I remember my first trip away without my parents.  I went to Washington D.C. on a School Safety Patrol trip with my best friend, Carol.  We went on the train.  BTW...Carol and I are the same age in this picture.

I remember the day that each of my children got married.  Kat and Brian got married at the First United Methodist church.  Roulain and Eric got married at Mistletoe Bough in Alex City, and Jeni married Sam in Florida.  Each day was special for each of them and special for me as they began their new lives together.
I remember when Eric and Roulain began dating.  I thought she was such a beautiful woman with the patience of Job.  She had a little girl who was Down's Syndrome and Jasmine (who by the way is now a mother too).  Roulain has always impressed me with her patience and talent.

 I remember the tire swing in the back of my parents house in Kellyton.  I remember when Jan and her parents would come and the kids would swing on it.
 I remember my aunts special friend, Claude.  He was such a precious man.  I hate I was not here when he died. 
I remember when Carla (Carol's baby sister) was young.  She was a pistol ball.

I remember when all of the people above were still with us.  I loved these people with all my heart.

I remember how beautiful I thought my mom was.  She was a looker.

I remember my brother.  At two his feet were as big as mine were at four.  He would have been a big boy.

 I remember feeling loved by my grandparents.  These two people rocked my world. 
 I remember how handsome my daddy was.  He was a stunning looking man....easy on the eye.
 I remember spending time with Susan and her family.  I remember being a bit jealous cause she had a brother.

I remember my Uncle Wilson.  I adored this man from the day we first met...and I was fourteen months old.
I remember my Aunt Laverne.  She was married to my Uncle Wilson and they lived next door to my grandmother's house.  She always dressed so stylishly.  I wanted to be just like her when I grew up. 
There are so many more people that I remember who have walked life's path with me.  Some are here....some are not. One thing is for certain I will remember them always.  I will rmemeber them when I look at my dad's Bible that is cracked and faded by the years.  I will remember them all when the color of the sunset/sunrise fills the sky and when tears of joy/sorrow fall from my eyes.  Yes...I will remember them....because in my life....I loved them all. 
(I did not start counting time until I began actually writing)
 
STOP:

 

No comments: