Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Easter Week Hodge Podge

Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge...be sure to add your link before you hop around to the other players today. Also, a reminder that Joyce and the Hodgepodge will be on Spring Break next Wednesday so our next HP will be Wednesday, April 10th.

Wow. Time just went into supersonic mode, didn't it? Here are my answers to Joyce's questions-
Want to participate then click here and get the questions and link up.


1. What are your plans for Easter? Are you cooking a big lunch or dinner? Dyeing eggs? Attending a sun rise service? Eating too much chocolate?
Frank is a pastor so our plans involve loads of church activities.  Friday he is preaching the Good Friday service at First Church in Roanoke.  Our ladies will be providing a light lunch following the service.  Saturday is the egg hunt at the church.  Sunday morning we will be cooking pancakes before daylight and having a sunrise service and then our big service at 11.    We have no plans after church.....yet.  We will probably spend it with friends.
2. What is something you feel too young to do?
Get a senior citizens discount at the movies.  Lagrange theater does not even ask....they just see the white hair and give me a discount.  I am not even close to their senior discount age.

3. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud...it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs..."

Of the characteristics mentioned in the Biblical definition of love, which do you find most difficult to live out and why?

I am going to have to agree with Joyce and say keeps no record.  This is the hardest for me.  Saying I forgive or I am sorry is easy....actually doing it is something else.

4. What's a springtime flower you associate with your childhood?
Iris's and daffodils.  My mom had beds of both.  I remember picking her a bouquet when I was young only to see the shock on her face.

5. Ever sung karaoke? If so what's your go-to song? If not, and given the opportunity, would you?
I have sung karaoke.  I prefer to sing with live music but karaoke is fun sometimes.   Amanda and I sang once and several people brought us the choice book and asked us to just keep picking.  I will sing anywhere....anytime.

6. What is something you keep in a basket?
 I have washcloths and hand towels in baskets in my linen closet.  I have some medicines in one under the sink.    I have a flower arrangement in one in my music room.  That is it for me and baskets.  ALTHOUGH  I am planning on attempting a pinterest project that is a basket and bowl bird bath.  I will post pictures when I complete it. 

7. When was the last time you felt foolish?
I have daily moments when I feel foolish.  No one time sticks out....because I am constantly doing something that is silly.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am participating in the A-Z Blog again this year and am looking forward to it.  I love scrambling each day to produce a blog worthy of the letter of the day.  Besides Hodge Podge do you have a meme you enjoy doing?


No comments: