Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook - A New Year

 
Last year I did a few of the Simple Woman's Daybook entries and enjoyed them a lot.  I thought I would use one early in the year this year and hopefully I can keep up the journaling concept.  This is so very helpful when I cannot think of a thing to write.  My goal this year is to have 365 posts on December 31st and a completed book.  I know...kind of lofty goals huh?
 
FOR TODAY, Thursday January 3rd, 2013

Outside my window
... 38 degrees and very dark.  I do not have to go back to work today even though my counterparts due.  I have a Dr's appointment this morning.  Frank is in Israel and the dog is whining to go outside.  Such is life. 


I am thinking...I wish I could have slept a little later and thinking about what Frank is doing right now at 4:30 my time.  It is 12:30 in Israel. 

I am thankful... Frank made it to Israel safely and I can get back to my routines tomorrow.
 
In the kitchen... the stove light is all that is on....well and the coffee pot light.  I am sitting here with just the computer light working on this blog.

I am wearing... red and black flannel pajama pants and a black t-shirt with bright yellow socks.
 
I am creating...frilly little scarves and mesh ribbon wreaths this week.

I am going...to get a hair cut and go to the doctor today.
 
I am learning ...how to crochet.
 
Around the house... it is quiet without Frank home.

I am pondering... Getting the office room in order while Frank is away and my opportunities that I am taking advantage of for 2013.  I posted about them on the first.  I have some rather lofty ones.
 
A favorite quote for today...For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.  (Audrey Hepburn)
 
One of my favorite things... reading without interruptions.

A few plans for the rest of the week: making frilly scarves, completing two of the four wreaths I am making for Jo, finish my sermon for Sunday, spend time with friends.

A peek into my day - hair cut, doctors appointment, delivering wreaths, reading, making scarves, preparing for work tomorrow.

The daybook is a concept created by Peggy Hostetler. You can link up at her blog, The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments: