Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Cherished

Around here we write for five minutes flat on Fridays.  We write because we love words and the relief it is to just write them without worrying if they’re just right or not. So we take five minutes on Friday and write like we used to finger paint. For joy in the process. No matter how messy the result.

Got five minutes? Come and write with us!


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Please visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. That is like the one rule we all really care about. For reals.OK, are you ready? Lisa-Jo givs us a word and she says she has had this word on her heart for you all week. So take some time to write about our word for the day and link up.  It is amazingly fun.

Cherished
 
GO: 
When I saw this word today I immediately took a stroll down memory lane and pulled up the words to my favorite Association song, "Cherished."  I remember hearing this song and claiming  the chorus just for me...."Cherished is the word I use to describe.  All the feeling that I have hiding here for you inside.  You don't know how many times I've wished that I had told you.  You don't know how many times I've wished that I could hold you.  You don't know how many times I've wished that I could mold you into someone who could Cherish me as much as I cherish you.  And I do cherish you.  Cherish is the word."  When I was in high school that song rocked my world.  Every now and then I hear it on XM and Frank and I will sing it together.  I do cherish him.   When I hear the word cherished I think of a special possession.  I have a mandolin that belonged to my grandfather.  It is a cherished possession of mine.  When I touch it I can see him playing it.  When I pick it up I can smell his after shave and see his long fingers stroking the strings.  Cherished...how I felt about my daughter from the moment they laid her tiny little being in my arms.  Cherished...how I felt the day Frank and I stood before our family and friends at the Arbor and exchanged vows.  I felt just like the words to Mark Wills song, "I do, cherish you...For the rest of my life...You don't have to think twice...I will, love you still, from the depths of my soul...t's beyond my control
I've waited so long to say this to you...If you're asking do I love you this much, I do."
Cherished....is how I feel when I read Isaiah 40:11 -
"Like a shepherd He will tend His flock,
In His arm He will gather the lambs.  And carry them in His bosom;  That is cherished to the inth degree.  I am cherished by God because I am one of those sheep that Isaiah talks about.  Since most of you know I am very into music...it seems fit that I end with some words by Kool and the Gang about cherishing, "cherish the love we had, we should cherish the life we live..cherish the love, cherish the life, cherish the love.."

STOP:




No comments: