Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, January 25, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Again

 
What is Five Minute Friday?  It is a piece of heaven on earth.  A time when you just write what is there and don't think about it, or double check it, or correct yourself.  It is just pure writing.  I love this day.  It gives me a chance to just do what comes naturally....write.  Thank you Lisa-Jo Baker for being such a fabulous host and giving us a place to explore and be free.  Want to join in"  The rules are simple: 
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back
here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..
Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!
OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::
 
Again
Go:
Here I am again....writing on a Friday.  The words are stuck again and I know I only have five minutes to come up with something profound and worthy.  I feel so inadequate again as I have every Friday since I began participating.  I sit....again....I think....again....and finally it is there...the words I have inside me flow through my fingertips again and I find myself writing. so what do I have to say about the word again.  Today I am thinking that I wish I could be a child again.  I wish I could return to my childhood and take back any mean and hateful thing I said or did while I was a child.  I wish I could hug my parents again.  Oh....we hugged a lot when I was a child but since they have been gone there are times when I would love to feel my dad's strong arms wrapped around me again.  I miss him every day.  I wish I could stroke my mom's silver hair again and tell her I love her....it is hard to believe it has almost been two years since she joined my father in heaven.  I wish I could see my brother again.  It has been fifty years since I rode out of our backyard to play with my best friend down the street....who would have known I would never see him alive again.  I wish my best friend Mary and I could drive to Michigan again and become yuppers for a summer.  Yet, even with all the agains I wish for in my life....there are so many more nows that I have.  Now, I can hug my darling husband and daughter.  Now I can serve a mighty God.  Now I can spend time with the special people and friends in my life....now...at this moment....and that is my goal....to love them all...again....and again....and again!
STOP:

No comments: