Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Projct 365 - Week 51

Our hostess Sara has been amazing this year.  I hope she hosts us again next year.  This has been fun and I hope you will consider joining in next year.  See you in 2013.  Merry Christmas to all!
 
Sunday, December 16th
The day was spent pretty much dedicated to preparing for the Youth Christmas program at 6:00 pm.  It was a Charlie Brown kind of program.  Top picture is Frank playing the Rev Wisehart.  The bottom photo is Libby - one of the lead characters singing "What Child is This" as Anna.  The kids did an amazing job and I am very proud of them.

 
Monday, December 17th
I finished up the wreaths I have been making for Christmas gifts.  This one goes to one of my dear Auburn friends.  My den looks like Hobby Lobby.  I love Pinterest.!
 
Tuesday, December 18th

Tree is up and done...or should I say as done as it is going to be.... and the present wrapping is almost complete.
 
Wednesday, December 19th
I got up at 4 this morning so I could make this for a gift.  This was sweet potato bread I made for my custodian, Gene.  I also made the cake plate for him too.  I have always given whoever my custodian is something homemade for the holidays....one year I didn't....I bought a red velvet cake from the Pig and one year I gave them socks and gloves....not a good idea believe me. I learned early on in life that you need to know the secretaries and custodians at the school.....oh and the head of the lunchroom.  It makes life much easier.  I love Pinterest!
 
Thursday, December 20th
After getting home from bowling tonight I made bread for tomorrow evening and finished up two more gifts.  This cake plate I did with a Lenox vase and gorgeous plate.   I can't wait to see its recipients face.    I also made this one with party lite candle sticks I found on ebay.  Have  mentioned how much I love Pinterest?
 
Friday, December 21st




My tree this year is filled with ornaments that I have gotten as gifts.  The snowflakes are some of my favorites.  Mrs. Shirley made them for me.  My aunt Shirley used to make me a new one every year.  I love them...and they are all so unique.  The peace sign is from one of my oldest friends.  It is a past reminder of the no worries life of a teenager.
 
Saturday, December 22nd


What a busy day.  Breakfast at the Farm House with the Kramers and their grandson Colin, we headed to Auburn to take care of some business and met the Blairs and Jill and her son Brady for lunch at Cracker Barrel and exchanged gifts, then it was home to whip up "the stuff" for the Burgess family Christmas gathering and dirty Santa at Aunt Doris's house.  We got home a little after 8, ran to Wal-mart, and then home to crash.  I was beat.  Tomorrow is our Christmas service, "A Lesson from the Carols" presented by the adult choir.  I had planned on having an Open House this year but have no clue as to where I would have put it in my schedule.  Have a Merry Christmas.  This time next week Frank will be winging his way to Israel.

No comments: