Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Minute Friday - Wonder

Five Minute Friday is going to take the month of December off. To catch it’s breath. To reflect. To listen more than write. To rest. We’ll start fresh in January. So for now, let’s write our fingers off in just five minutes!  It’s the final #FiveMinuteFriday of 2012; be sure and join in!

How to Join:

Want to know how Five Minute Friday got started and how to participate? All the details are here.
Now, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..

Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!  OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Wonder…

GO:
My heart seems to fill with wonder every year about this time.  I wish I could bottle the feeling and take a good sized dose every day.  Music is my passion....and especially during the Christmas season.  I love almost every song. (I don't like Grandma Got Run Over.)One of my favorite songs at Christmas is not the traditional sounds but off a CD called "City on A Hill." The song, Child of Wonder, Child of Love, is by Sara Grove and the lyrical lines that fit th prompt word today goes something like this...."Child of wonder, close Your eyes.  Rest here in my arms tonight. Someday You will save the world. But tonight I'll hold You, right here in my arms...Child of wonder, close Your eyes..."  What an amazing moment that must have been to have experienced the wonder of the birth of the baby Jesus.  Can you imagine the wonder the shepherds must have felt when they saw the star and heard the angels singing?  Can you imagine the wisemen and their wonder when they found out about the baby?  Can you imagine Mary and Joseph....and all th other key players in this wonderful story.  Christmas is always a great time of wonder for me.  I love the wonder of what lies hidden in the beautifully decorated boxes sitting under the tree.  I love the wonder of the stories that will be shared in church each Sunday during advent.  I love the wonder of the children's Christmas pagent.  But my biggest thrill I saw last night when I checked into my hotel in Montgomery.  It had a massive, gloriously decorated tree in the Atrium....and there was a little girl....about three....squatting and looking with wonder at the ornaments, the lights, the gifts....her face was glowing from the lights of the tree....and I sat in rapture as I experienced her moment of wonder with her.  She was precious.  My hope for you all is that you will experience that great wonder just like a child throughout this Christmas season.  With love and many blessings!STOP:

No comments: