Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

I have been a huge fan of no bake cookies for years.  My mom used to make me chocolate no bakes to take in my lunch when I was much younger and I made them for my kids.  I went to a reception and had peanut butter ones and found a new passion.  I had to have more....and since I have been diagnosed with Type II diabetes I search long and hard for a sweet tasting non-sweet thing to psych out my sweet tongue. I went searching for the recipe and found several on Pinterest and several cooking sites.  No bake sare so great for hot days when you don’t want to use an oven, or just days where you want a sweet treat but don’t feel like actually baking.  I changed up the original recipe with a sugar free version.  I have included both for you.  I ended up with 3.5 dozen of these little melt in your mouth delights. 
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
3 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter  ( I use a natural one that only has 4 grams of sugar)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup brown sugar (1 used 1 cup of Splenda/Stevia sugar replacement)
1/4 cup milk (I used skim)
1/8 cup butter (I used fake margarine)
Directions:Spread a sheet of wax paper onto your counter to cool cookies on.
In a large bowl mix together oatmeal, peanut butter and vanilla, set aside.
In a medium saucepan combine sugar, milk and butter and cook over medium heat and bring to a boil. Boil mixture for a full minute.
Remove from heat and pour over oatmeal mixture and stir until oatmeal is completely coated.
Spoon out cookie sized scoops onto the waxed paper and allow to cool until set and firm. Store in an airtight container.  Bon Appetite!

13 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Big fan of no-bakes too...
never have tried the p.butter though.
Yours look great!
xo, Kathy.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

The ones I make have both chocolate and peanut butter in them! These look great.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those sound pretty good. I think I want to try them.

Unknown said...

These are sooo good! Thank you for the recipe!

Unknown said...

These are sooo good! Thank you for the recipe!

Dora Bailey said...

Do you by chance know how many calories there are per cookie?

Dora Bailey said...

Do you by chance know how many calories there are per cookie?

Dora Bailey said...

Do you know how many calories are in each cookie?

Anonymous said...

Made these tonight...so good!!! I wish I would have doubled the recipe.

Stella said...

Sounds yummy. I too am diabetic and really having to watch what I eat. Counting carbs, fats, meats and calories. Day 60. Do you have any more recipes you have discovered and tested? If yes where do I find them? Thank you very much for sharing this with us.

Allison said...

Mine, for some reason, came out dry and clumpy. Not moist like the picture. Odd.

Allison said...

Mine, for some reason, came out dry and clumpy. Not moist like the picture. Odd.

Unknown said...

These are delicious, but I doubled the recipe and still only got two dozen cookies. Not sure how you got 3.5 dozen out of just one batch. However, my family will still enjoy them. :)