Here are this week's questions for Volume 100...and my answers:
1. What creeps you out? You mean besides bugs, snakes, and boiled okra? Halloween costumes. I don't like to see them hanging in the store....I don't like to see them on people. I don't love Halloween. It is a creepy holiday. I am perfectly content to skip on over it and head straight for Thanksgiving....one of my favorite holidays.
2. What's your least favorite candy? My least favorite candy is licorice. I don't like to see people eating it. I don't like the smell. I don't like it period.
3. Are you a fan of scary movies? What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? I do not like scary movies....Night of the Living Dead, Cujo, Christine, Plague of the Zombies, the Exorcist...and Wait Until Dark all scared the daylights out of me. The three worse and why....Plague of the Zombies....I saw at the drive-in....the boy in the back seat reached up and ran his fingers through my hair....and I nearly stomped him to death. Cujo's story....was sitting in my car one night after my college class ended reading with the parking lot light....the security guard and his German Sheppard were making rounds....the dog jumped up on the side of my car....and he and I both came unglued. Christine's story....my grandfather had a car that looked just like it.....it was stored in a shed/garage next to the bedroom I slept in. My grandfather was in the shed unbeknownst to me and cranked the car. I did not sleep all night. Nope...scary movies are definitely not for me.
4. What part of life confuses you the most? The whys about things. Like...why did my mom have Altzheimers? Why did my dad....and babies have cancer? Why do children die? Why does retirement keep getting further and further away it seems?
5. Pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, poppy...what's your favorite seed? I love them all....but since being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in May....I leave them all alone.
6. Imagine your life ten years from today...what's changed? Hopefully....I am retired....and traveling.....a lot!
7. What do you a) love the most and b) like the least about the Hodgepodge? I love the questions....and reading the answers....and answering the questions. There is nothing I can offer up for being my least favorite. I look forward to Wednesdays...and Hodge Podge.
8. Insert your own random thought here. What was your favorite costume and candy when you were a child? Our costumes were never store bought. They were always homemade. I was a hobo many years because it was easy to do. I do remember one year getting a witches costume from Grants. It was in a box with a plastice scary face mask. I cannot stress enough how much I dislike Halloween. My favorite candy...that is a Halloween candy is caramel corn. Love them! What about you? Our church is participating in the Roanoke Fall Festival tonight. It is from 4 - 7 and I will be late getting there.....but will be working our churches booth. Happy Halloween to you!