Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Project 365 - Week 39

Well it is that time of week again and I have had another busy week.  It was Homecoming week at our school and the kids were crazy.  I have had morning duty all month and Friday was my last day....whoooo hoooo.  There are some amazing photos over at Sara's blog.  I do hope you will hop over there and check some of them out.  This week I kept my Nikon Coolpix on me at all times, and between it and my cell phone I put together an interesting array of photos.  I hope you enjoy my week.

Sunday, September 23rd
I loved the Baptist Church sign.  It has been up for two weeks and I had planned on getting it last week but forgot.  I am glad they left it up another week so I could share it with you.
 
Monday, September 24th

A critter hole and a weird mushroom just off the bus parking area at my school.  Strange things that caught my attention today.  This is my last week of morning bus duty.  I have had it for the entire month of September.  This is also the kick off for Homecoming week and today the kids will be dressed in their best fashion disaster attire.  I can't wait to see them.
 
Tuesday, September 25th
Some of my students dressed up for the day.  Today was grandparent or baby day.  This was just a few of the students I happened to have who participated.
 
Wednesday, September 26th
Today is twin day and Mrs. Vest and I dressed up as the Alabama twins.  We both have red boots and thought this would be a hoot. We had a triplet...who had on her Auburn attire, making us fraternal triplets, but we never could get all three of us in the same room.
 
Thursday, September 27th


The porch was a shot to use for my blog and the t-shirts i made for our bowling team.  One of our members has breast cancer and a member of another team does too.  Frank's sister has cancer too so I made the shirt in honor of all three.  I had to ask the three guys if they would wear a pink t-shirt and they all agreed for what it was for that they would.
 
Friday, September 28th


 
 
We got out of school early today and Frank and I were going to Auburn to mess around and have a bit of a date night.  I got a call from Frank that said baby Jett was on his way and we had an extra stop.  When we got to the hospital all the Porch People and family were gathered in the waiting area.  Believe me....they WERE the waiting area.  At 5:30 Marcie(the new grandmother) got a call from Keaton(dad and her son) that Jett was here.  We got to hear his first sounds via speaker fun.  It was awesome.  Magen and baby were fine.  The whole group gathered hands and Frank said a prayer for this new miracle.  Since I was sick and there were so many of them to see the baby we left.  May I introduce to you, Jett.  He weighed in at 8'2 ounces and was 21 inches long.  He will be the newest of the Porch People in Rock Mills.  Aunt Lyndi (Keaton's sister) is holding him in the last picture.  He had her from hello.  Welcome to the world little one.  God bless you and your family.  You have been long awaited.....much like another little baby two thousand years ago.
 
Saturday, September 29th


Today was Milliken's annual rug sale.  We had planned on doing the Heflin to Bowden yard sale this weekend but I needed a carpet for my dining room.  We got there just moments before they opened.  In one parking lot they had carpet squares, in one area they had broadloom rolls, and in the other parking lot they had area rugs.  Renee bought a piece of the broadloom...it was a dollar a foot.  She bought a 27 foot roll.  It was gorgeous.  We bought three rugs...one for my classroom that has the world on it with all the flags, one for my dining room, and one for Frank's shop.  Beth bought five rugs for Rock Mills School that were children themed.  They had some gorgeous stuff.  The little man with the baby was one of the workers and he watched this little baby so the mom could shop.  After the sale we went to get another pink t-shirt that I need to make for another bowler.  Who knows I may have found my new calling in life.   Have a great week and I will be here again next week.

7 comments:

sara said...

Great week! I always loved spirit week in school!

I so wish I could have been at that rug sale!! I could use a few for my house!

The Bug said...

I'm glad you were able to be there for Jett's birth - it takes a village :)

Love the Baptist church sign - ha!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

You certainly had a busy week.
Love all the pictures and of course the baby is precious.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a busy week -- It's amazing all the things we do in a week! Thanks for your sweet visit -- I have some Blue Garland china as well. Can't wait to see your tablescape.

Robin Lambright said...

Sweet little one!

I need a rug for my dinning room!

Blessings
R

Kim said...

Another jam-packed week for you! But it sure looks like a good one :) That rug sale looks like a lot of fun. Have a great week!

Home Design said...

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon. Home Design