Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, September 28, 2012

Grasping to Hold On

It is Friday again and time for my 5 minutes of mindless brainstorming provided by Lisa-Jo Baker.  All writers sometimes have a block and need a subject to drive them on.  I have  been doing this for several weeks and enjoy the freedom it provides me.  Want to try?  It is simple.  Simply, set your timer, clear your head, for five minutes of free writing without worrying about getting it right.


1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community..


Oh and Ahem, if you would take pity and turn off comment verification, it would make leaving some love on your post that much easier for folks!

OK, are you ready? Please give us your best five minutes on:::

Grasp

GO:
I have written several little ditties over the past week and felt another one come to mind when I saw the subject for the week.  I am notorious at grasping for things out of my reach.  I have been that way all my life.  It was always as if there was something better just outside my reach.  My father used to tell me I was infamous at grasping for straws and should be satisfied with the here and now....but it just was never enough.  One day I looked into the face of my wee newborn daughter and as she grasp my finger she grasped my heart and I would forever be lost in the here and now....who would have know that something so small could have such a profound reaction on someone.  I have written poetry and short stories since I cannot remember when....and so today I thought about Kat and Frank and came up with a poem to be part of my five minutes.  I think I would call this "Grasping to Hold On."  Without you in my life every morning would be Monday...and you know how much I hate Monday's.  I would hate the smell of smoke, there would be no poetry left in me, there would be no romance, and flowers would just be flowers.  Granny Smith apples wouldn’t taste tart, music would fall upon deaf ears.  Clark Kent would never become Superman, there would be no goodnight kiss, there would be no one to worry about my safety in bad weather, there would be no landscapes, no Victorian houses, no seagulls, no beaches, no dunes, no night, no sunrise, no city, no country, no fullness…no me.  Without you in my life I would be grasping to hold onto stability, security, reality....grasping....grasping....nothingness.  Without you in my life.


STOP!

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Loved this! I, too, grasp...when I should just be very, very grateful! Big hugs!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Beautiful and well written.