Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, September 6, 2012

ABC Meme Responses from Living Proof and Lindsee!

Good Thursday morning to all. I hope you all had a wonderful, restful Labor Day. I visited my Beth Moore - Living Proof blog on Wednesday....was running a bit behind this week due to the holiday and found this wonderful meme done by Lindsee.  You don't have to do it...or link up with me....just read it and laugh.  I love meme's.  They are a great way to get to know people.
What is a meme you ask? A meme is simply a “concept that spreads via the Internet.” Remember...I simply saw this on another blog and decided it was a fun post for you. Although I don’t know who originally came up with it, I still have to give credit where credit is due.
A. Age: 58
B. Bed size: A queen. My husband has long legs and they tend to hang off anything smaller.
C. Chore that you hate: Cleaning the bathroom.  I really hate that chore.
D. Dogs: In my lifetime I have owned two muts - Blacky and Whitey.  I have owned two chihuahuas named Peanut and Prince.  I have owned several 57 varieties: Big Boy, Brownie (I seem to have a color theme going with dogs), two black labs; Dolly and Duke, a yellow lab - Sir Toby Gusmeister, a border collie; Mr. Wilson, and my current love; Beau Diddley the doxie.
E. Essential start to your day: My Hwy 22 Prayer and Praise hour as I head to work.  I drive an hour to work and play praise and worship music and pray as I head to work...setting the tone for my day.  I do the same thing on the way home....so that Frank does not get a grouchy wife.
F. Favorite color: It’s constantly changing, but is currently turquoise or any shade of blue.
G. Gold or Silver: Both. I used to think Gold looked terrible on my skin tone, but currently gold is the “in thing” so I own a lot of gold costume jewelry which I wear often. Silver is my favorite or the two....but my wedding ring and diamond (Frank's moms) are gold.  The diamond has a silver mount so I guess that is the best of both worlds.
H. Height: 5"5".  I was 1/4 inch taller than my mom.
I. Instruments you play: I took piano lessons as a child...never learned to read music...play guitar, bass, mandolin, and want to learn to play a banjo.  I want to be a one woman bluegrass band....just kidding.
J. Job title: Spanish Teacher, Foreign Language Dept Head, Youth Leader at RMUMC
K. Kids: 4.  Three girls and 1 boy ranging in age from 42-32.  Two red heads and two blondes.  6 grandchildren, and 1 great grand.
L. Live: Currently I live in Alabama.  I am a Florida native....was born and raised in West Palm Beach.  My husband is a United Methodist Pastor...so no telling where we will end up.  I personally would love to retire...right where we are.  I love Rock Mills.
M. Mother’s name: Wilma Leigh.  She was almost named Mathilda.  Glad that did not happen.  Her middle name is from my grandfathers name Lee Terrell.  My middle name is Leigh and Kat's middle name is Leigh.
N. Nicknames: Kay, KK,. and then the one I hate the most....given to me by Billy Anderson in first grade is Sassafrass Magnolia.  I also answered to Sassy and Sass...my maiden name was Sasser.  Oh I hated it as a child.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Besides my birth and the birth of my daughter Kat, to date, this hasn’t happened. Praise God!
P. Pet peeves: When people drive crazy or text while driving...or drive way under the speed limit.. It drives me wild.
Q. Quote from a movie: "Tomorrow I'll think of some way . . . after all, tomorrow is another day." -Katie Scarlett O'Hara in Gone With The Wind
R. Right or left handed: Right handed. My left hand is useless.
S. Siblings: I had a brother until I was 8.  He died when he was 5.  Ony child since then and would have killed for a sibling.
T. Time it takes you to get ready: 30 minutes of less.  I don't do makeup.  I lay out everything the night before.
U. Ultimate Vacation: Alaska and Scotland.  I have visited 48 of the 50 states.  I would like to get the last two in by the time I retire.
V. Vegetable you hate: beets, garbanzo, hominy, and collard greens
W. What makes you run late: Log trucks I have to follow, school buses stopping, slow drivers.
X. X-Rays you’ve had: Teeth, ankle twice, knee twice, MRI on stomach, Cat Scan on stomach, hand, foot twice
Y. Yummy food that you make: Poor man's pie, trifles, strawberry cake, beef stew, potato soup, chicken chili,
Z. Zoo animal: Monkeys.  I love the little critters.  I also love the giraffes.
What about you guys? Choose a letter and leave me a comment about it. Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It was fun getting to know more about you! I switched years ago to white gold and I also have silver items.