Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Testifying to Love

I heard a humorous story of a guy who prayed this prayer every morning: "Lord, if you want me to witness to someone today, please give me a sign to show me who it is." One day he found himself on a bus when a big, burly man sat next to him. The bus was nearly empty but this guy sat next to the man who had prayed the prayer. The timid Christian anxiously waited for his stop so he could exit the bus. But before he could get very nervous about the man next to him, the big guy burst into tears and began to weep. He then cried out with a loud voice, "I need to be saved. I’m a lost sinner and I need the Lord. Won’t somebody tell me how to be saved?" He turned to the Christian and pleaded, "Can you show me how to be saved?" The believer immediately bowed his head and prayed, "Lord, is this a sign?" I laughed at this because of the last comment....he actually had to bow and ask if that was a sign?  That was more than a sign....that was a billboard.  As of yesterday I began 119:11 Project and my first verse was Acts 1:8.  8 Rather, you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”  I made a notecard for memorizing this verse and am praying on it each day for 15 days.  As some of you know my daughter and her husband are going to be missionaries to orphans and I have really struggled with letting her go and letting God do his work with her.  It is funny....I taught her about missions and missionaries all her life....and then when she felt the call to be one....I shouted out in my heart...."NO!  I was talking to everyone else's children....not mine."  But again I came to the realization that she was never mine....she was always His....and I would not have it any other way.  I am proud of them both.  They are a reminder to me that even though I probably won't ever be a missionary in some foreign country....I can do my part in the way I live.  I can witness on a daily basis....and I don't want to have to ask God if this is a sign....when it is like you were hit in the head with a sledge hammer.  So I got up yesterday morning and asked myself.. "Hey, Karen, are you looking for a "sign" to start witnessing?"  I smiled and knew I was....got in my car and headed to work.....on my radio was this song...and I truly believe I am going to Testify to Love!  Have a blessed day!  I know I am going to

1 comment:

Nonnie said...

Aww, you didn't say where they will be, but gee, ministering to orphans. That would be one of the highest jobs with great rewards. Sounds like your teaching planted good seed and you all will reap.