Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Eric

Today is my son's 42nd birthday. Eric has been my son for the past 37 years. He did not grown under my heart....he grew in it. Eric was 5 when I married his father in 1976. He was a cutie pie and I think I fell in love with him the first time I laid eyes on him.  He is a good man, he is a good daddy, he loves his wife, and on Father's Day weekend....while I was in Canada he rededicated his life to Christ and joined the church my parents attended when they were alive.  He could not have made me happier.  He calls me when he needs prayers....and I just beam.  This is every parents dream.  I truly believe that he may even be instrumental in leading his dad to Christ.  I love this guy.  Happy Birthday Son!  You truly know how to make a momma proud! 
Ode to My Son

There are not enough words to express how much you mean to me,
A son like you, I thought could never be.
The day I married your dad, I just knew,
God sent me a blessing- and that was you.
For this great joy I thank Him everyday,
You are the true definition of a son, in everyway.
It is because of you that my life has meaning,
Being a mom has given me a sense of being.
I want you to know that you are important in my life,
 of all the choices I have made in life, becoming your mom I did just right.
 I know always just how much you care,
I can tell by the relationship that we share.
For a son like you there could be no other,
I am so very proud to be your mother,
When we are together or we are apart
Eric, You will always have a piece of my heart.
I love you von Zipper!  Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hope he had a wonderful birthday!