Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, August 20, 2012

119:11 Project

This morning as I was getting ready to start my day I had a forwarded email from one of my sweet friends.  She graduated with my daughter and I adore this precious Christian woman.  It seems a group of some of the Christian faculty and staff are intersted in this project and after reading Kimberly's blog post I know I am.  Her original letter began like this:

"Hey everyone, 
I am trying something this year, and I wanted to let you know about it in case you are interested as well.  As I was thinking of godly women who have influenced my life, you all came to mind.  I want God to plant His word in my heart, and I want to give Him the opportunity to do it through scripture memorization.  I have started a blog about what I am doing to keep me accountable and also to let other people join in if they are interested.  I would love for you to check it out and join in with me if you feel it is right for you at this time in your life!  There is definitely NO PRESSURE!  If you know of someone else that you think might be interested, just forward them this e-mail.  The more the better!  The link is www.hiddeninmyheart.weebly.com.   Hopefully it all makes sense, but if I have been unclear or you have any questions, please let me know.  To all you sweet teachers, I, as well as several other people I am sure, will be praying for you as you touch the lives of the precious children God has put into your care this year.  Hope you have a great first day!" 
In His Grace,  Kimberly. 
So I went to her blog and checked it out and was so touched I had to share it with you.    I truly believe that "God's word is a mighty, powerful force that equips us to be His light in a fallen world.  In Jeremiah 31:33, God speaks about a new covenant that He will make with His people.  He promises, "I will put my laws in their minds, and I will write them on their hearts."  The 119:11 Project is about claiming that promise.  I want God to write His word on my heart, but I know that I have a part in this process as well.  Psalm 119:11 says, "I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you."  God desires to write His word on my heart more than anything, but I have to give Him the opportunity by meditating on His word.   With the help of the Holy Spirit, I want to plant God's word so deep into my heart that His words become my own."
 
How The 119:11 Project Works

"(First of all, let me give credit where it is due.  The 119:11 Project is modeled off of Beth Moore's scripture memorization team.  You can read more about it on her blog.) 

1.  On every 1st and 15th of the month, I will post a scripture verse that God has used to speak to me on " The 119:11 Project Blog." (See the tab at the top of this page.) 

2.  After my post, I will be meditating on that verse for the next 15 days.  The idea is to do this for one year, and at the end of the year, I will have hidden 24 pieces of God's word deep in my heart.  Now, this is where you come in.

3.  Ecclesiastes 4:12 talks about the power found in a triple-braided cord.  God never meant for us to face this world on our own; that is why He has given us our brothers and sisters in Christ.  I would love for anybody that is willing to join in with me on The 119:11 Project.

4.  If you decide that you want to join in, just post a comment to my original blog (see the tab at the top of this page) and let everyone know the verse, as well as the location in the Bible, you will be meditating on for the next 15 days.  It is helpful to post your translation as well. 


Hints for Memorization
1.  Beth Moore suggests using spiral bound note cards to write down your verses.  One card for each verse.  Spiral bound is great because you  can take them with you everywhere that you go.
2.  Get your family involved.   I started off by speaking my first verse (3 John 1:4) about my daughter and her husband and their new mission venture, she does not even know I am doing this for her. 
3.  You can meditate on your verses ANYWHERE!


Sample Note Card/Post Its
Here is how my first note cards looks:
August 20, 2012

8 Rather, you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”

Acts 1:8
You know I spent my whole life teaching her about missionaries and missions....now I have to let God lead her heart and let her go. 

Thank you for taking the time to check out The 119:11 Project! 

The grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all.

No comments: