Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Brave

Frank, Renee, and I went to the movies a couple of Sunday nights ago.  We were not having church that night because everyone was out of town so we decided to go to the movies.  We decided to see the new Pixar movie, Brave and we hit a homerun with our choice.  I have enjoyed many of the Pixar productions, but this one was off the chart.  If you have not seen it you must.....and you don't have to borrow neighborhood kids to go.  There were more adults in our theater than children.  The heroine of the story is a firey redhead determined to make her own path in life. Merida is the oldest child of King Fergus(pronounced Fair Gus - roll the r on fair just a bit) and Queen Elinor.  She has three pesky little redheaded brothers,  Harris, Hubert and Hamish who keep the kingdom on their toes with their antics.  In the plot Princess Merida defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, Merida must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse.  I have to admit that towards the end of the movie I felt some wet stuff rolling down my cheek....I know I am such a schmuck to cry over a cartoon....but the ending was very tender.  If you find yourself with some extra time on your hand, or your local theater has a matinee special, you need to go see this movie.  It will thrill your heart I promise.  It did mine.

2 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

My little red-haired granddoll was so excited to go see this movie. She had her Mom curl her hair and she took a bow and arrow (toy) with her to the theater. It was a real "happening" for her!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I can't wait to see it!