Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Washington State


W is for Washington State

Well, the A-Z challenge is winding down with only three days to go after today. Of course these are the hardest letters to use.  I am glad that today is W so I can tell you about one of the greatest adventures I have ever had in Washington State.  I went to school there for a summer and packed everything I could into each day.  I saw everything there was to see from Seattle to Spokane.  We were in Seattle for the Taste of Seattle so I got to taste samples from a lot of great restaurants.  did you know that you can see Mt. Ranier from the Space Needle????  I didn't and it is amazing! 


I did a historical stop in Spokane and learned a lot about the Lewis and Clark Expedition.  I traveled over the line into Oregan to go to Chief Joseph Days in Joseph, OR and into Idaho to see the world's only floating golf course in Coeur d'Alene.  I also took a plane ride over the St Joe River there on a plane that lands on water and attended a lumberjack competition. The Colombia River Gorge was amazing.  We were able to see a speed boat race that took place there.   In Walla Walla we saw a salmon ladder work, toured the L'ecole winery, and we went white water rafting on the Deschutes River (an adventure I don't plan on doing again...but that is another post). 




 I loved Washington State....loved the rainy days, loved the woodsiness, loved it all.  It was a wonderful place to visit and I hope to go back again someday.  If you want an adventure....try Washington State...it is one of the U.S.'s best kept secrets and there is so much more there than hunting and fishing. 

1 comment:

Dana said...

It looks beautiful. It's definitely on my list of states I'd love to visit.