Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March Hodge Podge - Vol 69

I have been so busy catching up on book reviews this week that I almost missed my weekly dose of Wednesday Hodge Podge over at Joyce's blog.  I look forward to reading answers and this week is no different....if yoiu want to join me then click here and head over to Joyce's.  Here are her questions for week 69.  They are quite thought provoking that is for sure.
1. Did March come in like a lion or was it something less ferocious in your neck of the woods?
March came roaring in in my area of the country.  A tornado destroyed 86 homes(some of them were people I know), killed several around the state, killed Tim Hodges from my area,  kept me from sleeping that night because of the weather sirens, hail, and wind.  2. Speaking of lions, which one's your film favorite...The Cowardly Lion (Wizard of Oz), Mufasa (The Lion King), Elsa (Born Free) or Alex (Madagascar). You might notice I left Aslan off the list. Including him would have made this question way too easy for many of you. I adore the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz and Mufasa from Lion King.  I saw Elsa from Born Free when it first came to the theater.  I think lions are such a sleek and beautiful cat.  I would have chosen Aslan if that choice was available.  Good call on not including him.
3. What's your favorite spot from which to view the sunrise or sunset?  Sunrise - My front yard or in the Smokey Mountains.  Sunset - Amanda's pier or from the lake...or Mallory Square in Key West.
4. To what extent is knowledge power and to what extent is truth power? What's the difference?
I would think that the more knowledge you have, the more you can do, which leads, in a sense, to having power. I believe this thought came out of the Age of Enlightenment.  Truth on the other hand is simply that...not lying....and I think that gives you power because you never have to worry about what you said or didn't say.  I think having truth is the most power you can have....knowledge may be powerful...but it is only as good as the teacher.
5. What's something peculiar you've seen recently? I have seen a number of peculiar things lately in my search for the perfect photo op for Project 365. 
What looks like a watermelon, a gourd, a spagetti squash and ended up being a huge orange pumpkin?  This misterious plant that came up in my flower bed after the April Tornadoes in Alabama.
6. Bottled water...your thoughts?  I drink it if it is around or the only choice I have.  I love tap water....as long as it is iced.  I am not a greenie....but for some reason....I don't care to use plastic bottles for any drink.  I prefer them in glass or aluminum.
7. What's your strongest sense?  Normally I would say smell and taste....but for the past ten days a cold has eliminated both of these senses.  I taste or smell absolutely nothing.  I am a very sensory person.  I want to touch it, smell it, taste it, study it, hear it.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Today is National Discover What Your Name Means Day.  My name is Karen Leigh (cute huh?)  I was going to be Francis Mathilda....but my godmother fought for me....Karen originated in Greece and means Pure.  I named my daughter Kathryn and that also is a derivative of Karen and means Pure too.  My middle name is Leigh.  I was named for my grandfather Lee Terrell.  My mom was also named for him...her name was Wilma Leigh....then me....and then Kathryn Leigh.  Leigh means clearing or meadow.  One more thought....when you name your children...think about what could happen if.....for example....my father Fred....married my mom Wilma....and the rest was history.

 Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Marti said...

Enjoyed learning the meaning of your name. The meaning of mine is "lady", but I'm afraid that I'm just not as refined as the name requires. That's why I use the derivative Marti--I'm not under quite so much pressure.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hi ya girlfriend!! It's been so long since I've been by for a visit - sorry!!! Things just get so busy and it's hard to keep up sometimes! I'm loving your new bloggy improvements - so pretty. HUGS!!!