Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012 Project 365 - Week 2

It is Week 2 of Project 365 2012 edition.   This week was not one of my best.  I was involved in two funerals and so my pictures were not very creative.  They were what they were.  Project 365 is such fun and if you would like to join in with us.....or just look at some amazing pictures....click here and hop over to Sara's blog.  I promise you that you won't regret it.   Ok...so this was my week....or what I could get of it. 
Sunday, January 8th

One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the creche.  I love putting it up....and am sad when it comes time to take it down.  Today was my day for de-Christmasing my house and the creche had to be taken apart. I took one more picture just so I could remember it a bit longer.  Frank began giving me the Willow Creek manger scene several years ago.  I just love those Willow Creek Angels.

Monday, January 9th



Frank's newest additions to his scroll saw work.  This is the mascot for my school where I teach.  I think they are lovely.  We also planned to watch the BCS game....the pictures you see above are as far as I got into the game.  Just as kickoff occurred I got a call that my first cousin had passed away and spent the rest of the game in shock and on the phone letting the rest of my family know.

Tuesday, January 10th
Kat and Brian gave me a professionally done photo (actually photos) for Christmas.  After taking down the creche on Sunday I filled the blank spot with this picture and I love it.  Savannah Bowden did them and she does amazing work.

Wednesday, January 11th
Still plugging holes left by removed Christmas decorations.  This was a chair caning class my mom took.  One of the ladies in the class made one of these for everyone.  My mom is the one in lavendar.  I have had this in a hat box and thought, "why not....what good is it doing in a hat box anyway."

Thursday, January 12th
Frank surprised me with this one.  I love the firefighter symbol.

Friday, January 13th
I have a new project, a Christmas present from Mrs. Shirley and Mr. Denney and since today was one filled with a funeral in Ashland, AL and a viewing in Roanoke I took it out of the box and began picture gathering so I could display it.  The picture of Kat and Brian is another one of Savannah Bowden's.  It was also part of my gift from them. I can't wait to get this done.  It is going to be beautiful!

Saturday, January 14th
Frank and I went to the auction tonight and Beau, our doxie, lucked out.  We bought this expensive bag of dog food, some moist and meaty dog food, and three bags of Beggin Strips for him for less that this bag of dog food costs at the store. I also bought 70 pony bottles of water (2 flats of 35) for 5.00, some wall plaques, had a lamp given to me, and some cute little wood things, and a hat flash light.  I love a bargain.  Tuesday night we are going to another auction in Standing Rock at Mr. Joel's place.  He is auctioning off vintage toys....some circa WWI.  I want to go just to see the stuff.  I have really become addicted to these things.  Have fun this week and don't forget to keep your camera nearby.  You never know when you might get the perfect picture.

13 comments:

Amy said...

I've always loved the willow tree nativity.
so sorry to hear about your cousin. praying for peace and comfort from the Lord for your family.

have a blessed week.

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I don't have any willow tree figurines but the nativity ones I have always wanted.
I am sorry for your loss.
BTW - how do you find out about the auctions?

LuAnn said...

I love their picture !!!

So sorry for your loss - may you find comfort in His Word.

The Bug said...

Those are great pics of Kat & her beau. LOVE the caning sculpture.

sara said...

I have the same nativity and I love it!!

so sorry for the sadness this last week. Praying for peace and encouragement this week for you!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love my Willow Tree nativity and I took mine down yesterday. Frank does beautiful work. Sweet picture
you were given for Christmas.

beckyjomama said...

I have wanted the Willow Tree nativity for a while now. Maybe a little each year is the way to go!!!

So very sorry about your cousin. That is hard.

God Bless!

Robin Lambright said...

I have a few willow tree pieces, they are so beautiful!

I got all my Christmas down but have yet to get all the normal stuff back in place, my mantle is still bare and I have a whole Rubbermaid tub full of stuff that needs to go back in place.

Funerals really take it out of you! Praying for a better week ahead!

Blessings
R

riTa Koch said...

Sorry for the deep loss you feel.

I had one of the angels given to me by my DIL which I treasured and i haven't seen it since the fire, probably didn't make it.

Please show us your picture project when it is finished.

Blessings,

semperfi said...

Peace & love on the lost of your cousin. Seems like you & I had similar weeks but God is walking with us.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Oh, I didn't you know you have a doxie... I have 2, a mom & daughter. They are Gur & Zoe, and Zoe is a small miniature. Too cute!
Glad you can use the lampshade idea. I don't know anything about Pinterest. Is it like blogging or what?
Karen I need your mailing address please. It got lost in all the Christmas hub-bub. Please email it to me when you have a moment.

Have a great week, blessings & hugs, Sherry

Tori said...

That nativity is one of my favorites.
Such great word working going on at your place!
So sorry for your loss. Praying that He will comfort you and your family.

That One Girl said...

My husband spotted me eye balling the Willow Tree section in our local Hallmark one time. For our anniversary he got me the Anniversary Willow Tree statue. I love it! :-)