Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Project 365 - Week 47

It is Project 365 time again....so this must be either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.  It has been a busy, sad, crazy week at work and at home.  Want to see more wonderful pictures?  If you do then you must hop over to Sara's blog and see what everyone else brought to the table.  Want to see what my week looked like?

Sunday, November 13th
I did a photo shoot today with my dear sweet Emilly and her precious hubby, Curtis.  We went to Amanda's house because her fall leaves were still pretty and then headed up to the mill at Rock Mills for the waterfalls.  It was a gorgeous day and I had a lot of fun with these two.  I took 100 pictures of them....and their cute little puppies.

Monday, November 14th
Tommy did not come to guitar lessons tonight.  Bobby was my only student but we practiced hard and had a good time doing it.  I have really enjoyed getting to know both of these great guys and honing my own guitar skills.
 Tuesday, November 15th

Today was Juliette's 5th birthday and her  mom, Katelyn and dad, Chris invited us down for cake and presents tonight at 6:00.  Her mom made that wonderful Hello Kitty cake and Juliette is in love with princesses, Barbies, and Hello Kitty....all of which she received a lot of.  The bottom picture is of her and her cousin P.J. putting her Barbie bedroom together.  I don't know who was having more fun.  

Wednesday, November 16th
The sun sets now on my journey home so pictures have been hard to come by.  I saw this sign in Daviston and because the sun was hitting my rearview mirror and blinding me, I stopped and grabbed the shot.
Thursday, November 17th
The dark caught up on me so I grabbed a shot of a gorgeous wreath.  The fall foliage is looking rough.

Friday, November, 18th

I found some more cute Autumn arrangements.  I loved this wreath because it was sparkly and the little girl on the swing was just too cute to pass up.  I should have cut my flash off so their was no feed back from the window....but oh well!

Saturday, November 19th


Miss Betty Jean called me this morning and told me her Christmas Cactuses were in bloom and she wanted to know if I wanted to come get some pictures.  I love taking pictures of her flower.  I took several in the green house room....and the humidity in there was unreal.  It kept fogging my lens.  I finally opened the door and stood half in and half out.  We visited for a bit and when we got ready to leave I found the clematis was blooming too....so I made a few more snaps.
All in all my week was not bad.  On Friday morning at 8:15 we got some terrible news at school.  Our registrar, my friend, Patti died suddenly.  The shock reverberated throughout the building all day long.  This just floored us all and it is not the last of the sadness our campus will be facing this year.  My friend, Mary had hospice sent home with her from her recent hospital stay.  I almost don't recognize my dear friend.    I would love to ask you all to please pray for Patti's family and Mary and her family as they travel down this very sad road.  God Bless You All!

8 comments:

Kim said...

Will be praying for your friends' families. So hard to go through this any time, but especially around the holidays... future holidays are clouded by the remembrance of what happened.

It's crazy how early it gets dark! And how late it stays dark too :) I'm looking forward to heading back into summer!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

semperfi said...

Loved all your pics. The flowers were soooooooo beautiful. The Hello Kitty cake was cute. Thanks for sharing

sara said...

it gets dark very early around here too!

love the flower shots...I almost feel like I am in a green house today it is so humid out side!! I am sure my glasses will fog up when I leave for church!

praying for your friends. so sad.

btw, your link does not work for some reason on my blog.

The Bug said...

Beautiful flowers & too cute cake!

So sorry for your sorrow & losses. I'll keep you and the families in my prayers.

Amy said...

the hello kitty cake looks great! i like the sparkly wreath, too.

Mary said...

She did a wonderful job on the cake! My parents have beautiful Christmas Cacti, but I don't think theirs are blooming just yet. I'd love to have one, but Daddy knows better than to give one to me! ;)
Prayers for Mary's and Patti's families.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Wonderful photos. My Christmas cactus is blooming. It's a new one but I think the flowers are so pretty. Have a great week Karen.

riTa Koch said...

Lovely Christmas cacti...When was the last time I had one? Loved it...
Come to think of it we'll have to replace house plants, but flooring and furniture come first!
Happy Thanksgiving!