Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Third Times the Charm

I am so excited.  Number one I am in Knoxville and visiting with my precious friends, Chuck and Susan.
This morning Frank and I rode to Wears Valley to see the scenery....but the clouds had the mountains covered in a fog.

We piddled around a little bit and headed back to Susan's for dinner.  Their daughter Jan came by this afternoon with her son Michael and new baby Aaron.  I sat for a couple of hours and enjoyed holding little Aaron while he slept.  I had forgotten how good a new baby feels....and smells.
Tonight, I got to meet my blogging buddy, Mary from Life in a Small Town, face to face. This is the third time we have tried to connect.  The first time we had too many obligations and not enough time to add one more.  The second time we were here was when my mother died and we had to leave and go back to Alex City.  Tonight, Susan and Chuck had obligations at church and Frank and I met Mary at Shoney's on the Alcoa Hwy by the airport.  I would have known her anywhere.  She came in after we did and her smile was so infectious...I knew it was her.  I made sure I took my camera so Frank could take our picture and here we are!
Tomorrow we are going to the Craftsman's Fair in Gatlinburg.  If the weather holds out we are going to try Cade's Cove so I can make pictures.

3 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Karen & Mary!
So glad you two finally managed to connect.
Great photo!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I saw the picture and I thought I know her, it's Mary. How awesome is that. I wish I was there with both of you. That is a great picture! Sounds like your having a wonderful time and what could be better then holding a baby. Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Mary said...

Oh, Karen! I'm so glad we finally got to meet!
Do you know I've never been to The Christmas Place? I want to go, but have never taken the time to just stop.
What a sweet, sweet baby. Looks like you were in heaven!!!