Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Project 365 - Week 30

I am on the downside of summer vacation.  I can't believe we are already at week 30.  It has been a blast so far.  I sit around and think of things I want to photograph....and I am thrilled when I get to cross one off my list.  Thanks to Sara our host over at "...Make Music From Your Heart to the Lord."  If you would like to try your hand at it then join us.  We would love to have you.  If you want to see more pictures then click on the link and enjoy!

Sunday, July 17th
We live near Lake Wedowee and all kinds of boats drive by our house heading to the lake.  I thought this sign from the Baptist Church next door was a great one.

Monday, July 18th
On CR 78, headed to the house, we found this little "church in the wildwood" (reference to an old gospel song) and I thought it was too pretty to pass up.

Tuesday, July 19th 
\
Headed back to the house on Hwy 22.  When you see this sign we are the 5th house on the right....or the first house just past the Towler Farms sign.  You can't miss us!

Wednesday, July 20th

(Shorter Mansion in Eufaula)


 We got up this morning and headed to Panama City to see Ramona and her family.  It was supposed to be a trip with Kat....but she had to back out because of a job interview.  We headed down Hwy 431 and eventually picked up Hwy 231 in Dothan and then it was on to Ramona's.  The Shorter Mansion is in Eufaula, AL.  There are a lot of glorious mansions there and every Spring they have a pilgrimage where the homes are opened and you can tour them.  If you have never done that....and love old antebellum mansions....you might want to check out Eufaula.  Eufaula also has a wonderful lake....and bass fishing is wonderful....so you can even bring your cherished hubbies with you....and stay at the Lakepoint Lodge on the lake....gorgeous view every morning.  We ate lunch at Big Mama's on the Bayou and then supper was at Boondocks.  Boondocks is a dining experience and if you are ever in Panama City....or Mexico Beach....try it....but go early because even the locals love this place.  It is owned by Hillary Head.  Her brother Mark is a member of our church.  Definitely six degrees of separation....don't you think?

Thursday, July 21st




Today we went sightseeing.  It was entirely too hot for the beach and we are going to a concert tonight at the Pier Park.  The first picture in the set where we ate on Weds.  We passed it again today and I caught a quick picture out of the window.  I loved the places sign and had to get that one.  We checked out the historic downtowns and marinas of Panama City and St. Andrews.  I just love Florida houses....they look so .....well....Beachy.  Toms is where we ate lunch.  It is like a New York hotdog place....very tiny narrow building....but the dogs are wonderful.  I had a downtown dog, Frank had a special and downtown dog, Drew had a slaw dog.  The decor is deco, flea market, junk yard all rolled into one.  I loved it!  I especially loved the cow jumping over the moon clock. 

Friday, July 22nd

Dothan, AL is the home of the National Peanut Festival.  It is held sometime in October I think.

Saturday, July 23rd



We changed our sign this week so I thought I would finish off the week with our new sign.  I like it.  While outside watering flowers I heard a grunting sneeze sound and looked up and there in the pasture next to my house was a gorgeous horse.  He belong to the Towlers who live behind me....and he had gotten into their hay field.  He was having a buffet of hay that they will cut soon.  Mr. Horse was so caught up in the hay he nicely stood and let me (the paparazzi) take picture after picture of him.  He also posed for a few....then Chris (the owner) snuck up on him and lead him back to his real home.  I was delighted!  Have a great week....and don't forget....the phrase, "Don't leave home without it" really applies to your camera.  Have camera....will travel!

13 comments:

Thena said...

We have a peanut festival too the third Saturday of August. I have always wanted to go to Panama City, maybe one day. The kid's Dad (my ex) went a couple of weeks ago and the girls were like well you could have taken us too.

Sweet Tea said...

I LOVE to tour old mansions - one of my favorite things to do on vacation, especially when there is a tour guide to give you all the history of the home.

The Bug said...

Looks like a great week! Love the church signs. I remember the church in the wild wood song - oh come to the church in the vale!

But now I'm craving a hot dog. Might have to send Dr. M out in search of one for my lunch :)

Mimi said...

It looks like a great week of fun!

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Skoots1moM said...

really nice pics, the horse is my fav!

Amy said...

that mansion is beautiful!!! I would love to take a tour like that sometime!
the 'body piercing explained here' church sign is brilliant!

The Davidson Den said...

Wait. Is that a giant peanut shell?! Hilarious!!

Love the church signs this week! Ha ha!

What a beautiful horse!!

The Cyber Hermit said...

I love the pictures of Shorter Mansion :)

RaD said...

Ha! I travel with my camera around my neck far too much. Sometimes I wonder if I look like a tourist in my own hometown...er, city. The pictures of the horse were beautiful and the church signs were great!

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I love both of those church signs!

Robin Lambright said...

I think horses are so beautiful!

I went through Eufaula once a few years ago. You are right it was gorgeous!

Blessings
R

riTa Koch said...

Great church signs :)
Beautiful horse.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love all the pictures. Sounds like you had a great time and ate some awesome food. Love the church signs.