Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Panama City Here We Come

What a great day yesterday was.  We left the house about 7:30 headed to PC and even with a few stops and some heavy rains between the house and Opelika....we arrived at Ramona's by 12:09.  I was so excited to see her and the boys.  We visited a few minutes.....then gathered up the boys and headed to Big Mama's on the Bayou for lunch.  The food was awesome.  Their menu changes daily...I had chicken and dumplings, baked mac and cheese, cole slaw, and peanut butter pie.  No, I did not finish it all.  Frank helped with some of mine.  We went back to Ramona's and Frank and I both took naps while the boys did.  When Dustin got home we headed to my favorite place in the world.....Hillary Heads Boondocks.  Let me tell you....if you have not eaten there then you are missing out.  If you are ever in Panama City you have to eat at this place....they now have a Boondocks II in the Mexico Beach area.  Go really early....or after 7....we had an hour wait last night.  Ramona and I found an air conditioned room were we took the baby and Drew(to hole him up).  In the Fish House (where we were waiting) there was a huge Bluefin Tuna named Ollie that according to legend had been caught during Hurricane Opal was caught on a cane pole and a minnow....yeah right!  Tall fishing tales are common in the South....and believe me.....the Ollie story was a tall tale.  Anyways, Frank, Ramona and Dustin all had the Big Catch....and believe me there was a pile of food on their plates.  Ramona and Dustin split one...Frank tackled his solo....and the plate won.  I had clam strips.  It is one of the few places where you can order just them....and I love the things.  I have yet to finish a plate at this place....and never even thought about dessert.  Come to think of it.....I have never seen anyone eat dessert here.  The ambiance is wonderful, the food is plentiful and good, the Pickle House gift shop is fun, it is just a rocking good place to go.  You can even go on an airboat ride and hear a singer....they covered all the bases.  I can't recommend this place enough.  It is a dining experience.....and truly...out in the boondocks.  We went home and visited....Ramona and I played Word with Friends....and then somewhere before midnight we all headed to bed.  Dustin has to work today and I have been up since before 6 and no one else is stirring in the house.  I don't know what we will get into today.  I will be fine as long as it involves a Diet Coke and the beach...hint!  hint!  Tonight we are going to Pier Park for a concert.  Sounds like fun to me....Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm sooo jealous! My FIL drove down yesterday (for the day) to spend some time with CH's cousin & his family. Don't forget Thomas' Donuts!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Why not, I would have finished it all! It all sounds so wonderful and very tasty. So glad you are having a great time.