Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hodge Podge on Nature Photography Day

Apparently Joyce has had a bit of a schedule this week so she made her Hodge Podge questions short and sweet...here are the questions for the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Be sure to go visit Joyce's blog today and play be sure you  link answers with the whole wide world.  Here are my answers and even if you don't want to play go check out some of the other's responses.
1. What is one thing on your bucket list? If you don't have a bucket list let's pretend you do.
Well, I actually do have a bucket list.  My number one answer would be go to Alaska.  I think my top five all have to do with some place I want to see before I die.
2. What makes a good dad?
A good dad is kind, loving, supportive, hard working, a Christian, interested in his kids and wife...it doesn't matter what he does for a living, what kind of car he drives, or how much money he makes...what matters is that he is a full participant in his families lives.
3. Are you afraid of insects? Which ones?
I am not afraid of them....but I don't like spiders, roaches, locusts, grasshoppers
4. We're barbecuing...what's on the grill at your house?  We had Keilbasa style sausages with potatoes O'Brien...yummmy for dinner last night.
5. Do you believe that playing is more important than winning?
Well...when it comes to kids playing sports...yes.  When it comes to me winning a game I am playing with Frank...no.  I am very competitive and hate to lose....and won't play Monopoly because I have never won at it.  But when I see kids practice their hearts out on a field....and warm the bench...year after year...because they are not super stars...or their dad is not a booster....I think playing is more important than the win.
6. Do you tan? Use self tanners? Visit tanning salons? See your dermatologist at least once a year? 
I do get out in the sun...with a sunblocker on.  I do use bronzers so I am not catfish-belly white, I have visited a fake n bake before but did not like the concept of being closed in (I am highly claustrophobic).  I see my dermatologist every two years.
7. Five years ago I would never imagine that today I would_______________.
...be a preacher's wife.
Joyce saw this question on Marla's facebook page and she thought it was perfect for the Hodgepodge. Everyone go say hi to Marla...she has an E-book launching this week.
8. Insert your own random thought here.  My random thought for today is:
Today is Nature Photography Day....and since I am participating in Project 365 and have a new camera and have really enjoyed nature pictures I thought I would share one of my favorites with you....and encourage you to get out of the house today and take your camera out into the wild for Nature Photography Day – share amazing photos of nature and wildlife, and advance the cause of conservation.

Castle in Kilarney, Ireland

 Road in Wales

Sunset in Alexander City, AL


Mrs. Betty Jean's stag horn fern.  She has several and they are amazing.
Hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday.  Frank and I are off to Mobile, AL.  I have a conference and he is tagging along.  I promised him some gooooood seafood.  Decisions, Decisions...do I take him to Felix's, the Original Oyster House...or the Blue Gill.  I like them all.

8 comments:

Mushy Cloud said...

I love your pictures, especially Killarney Castle and the sunset picture. Stunning!

Love Bears All Things said...

Great answers and I have always loved the Staghead Fern.
Mama Bear

Betty W said...

Hello! I¨m here via Joyce´s. I liked your answers. Especially Nr 2. Very true.
I´m very competitive too, and love to play games and win. :)

Thena said...

Great answers. I think we all want to travel.

Skoots1moM said...

Blue Grill :)
yum!!!

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers and your pictures are beautiful! That sunset is breathtaking! Thanks for sharing!
until next time... nel

Joyce said...

Alaska is definitely on my list. And I liked that you used the word participant in #2...that's the word I was going for but couldn't locate : )

Ireland-sigh. So beautiful and green.

Jessica G. said...

Interesting questions! I like these Q&A posts because you get to know something different about the person. (And I don't tan at all...I once spent an entire week in Hawaii where all I did was play on the beach. I came home off-white.)