Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Mare Si Dotes

Today is my precious friend Mary's birthday.  I won't tell how old she is....but I will say she is still younger than me.  We met and became colleagues over 20 years ago when we were both hired to teach at Benjamin Russell High School.  We became good friends the day she fell and I held her in the parking lot until the ambulance got there.  I can't tell you how many times she has been there for me...and I for her. She has let me cry, yell, fall apart, she loves my daughter as much as I love her sons, and she knows things that I would have to kill her for if she was no longer my friend.  I was there for her during bad and good times too.  She is one of several friends that I could call at any time of the day or night and she would be there.  She is the best!    I hope that I have been half the friend to her that she has been to me.  I nicknamed her Mare Si Dotes early on....from the kids song....Mare Si Dotes and Doci Dotes and Little Lambs Eat Ivy....it stuck....and she had never heard the song until one day I sang it for her.  We both got a big laugh out of it.  Today is her birthday....even if Facebook said it was yesterday....I know better....and I am not home to celebrate with her....I am in Mobile.  But...that is the cool thing about us...we don't have to be....we will have time together....when we can....and I guarantee you....it will be good.  I hope she is having a wonderful birthday(even though I know she is working at her second job.)  I also hope she knows how much she means to me.....we are truly soul sisters.  We kid people and say we are sisters from another mother....and you know it is true.  Today, if you can....hug/call/text your BFF today....I'll bet it will make their day.  What cha think?  Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

I sure hope your sweet friend reads your Blog -how happy she would be to read all the great things you said about her. The friendship you share is a rare a special gift.