Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Randomly Speaking

Yesterday was Memorial Day.  We did all the things normal(?) people do on this holiday. No...we were not at the beach....no, we were not out of town,  no we were not having a huge gathering at our house. Frank got up and cut the back yard, I straightened the house and washed some clothes, Frank put Roundup on the new flower bed he is starting, I got my table studio(my birthday gift from Frank....and I love it) together to begin making pictures of the glass for ebay.  Really exciting huh?  We saw Sherry and Keith over at the house next door (where my glassware is being stored for the moment)...and headed out to set up.  Sherry and Keith are members of our church....and they are the most precious people....while Frank and I set up....Ms. Sherry got dishes out of the storage room and started washing them....did I mention that she has such a servants heart.  These dishes...well this is now my mess....this is all glassware my mother had hoarded collected over the years.  My heart really was not in this....to be honest we were waiting on a call to go to Amanda's and grill burgers....and to be even more honest....I was up to using any excuse not to have to deal with this....yet!  But...to be fair...they have been housing this stuff for several months and it is time we get it posted on ebay/Craig's list.  So, after chastising myself for my negative attitude, we got several items out and I snapped some pictures.  It actually became fun somewhere along the way.  We worked about an hour and then headed back to the house to get ready for the cookout.  Visiting with the family at the cookout was fun....after eating and doing some genealogy stuff with Amanda about our upcoming Prophitt reunion....the bulk of the group headed to the lake for a boat ride...Frank and I headed back to the house to resume picture taking.  Amy, another church member and neighbor, stopped in.  She knows her antiques and does a lot of ebaying.  I chatted with her as I took move pictures and the more I took, the more motivated I became....if Frank had let me...I probably would still be there this morning snapping photos.  When we finished up....we came home and got on the computer and tried to get an idea as to how much this stuff is worth.  It was amazing.  My mom had some beautiful glassware....and believe me....it was tempting not to become a hoarder collector myself.  We are so fortunate to live here in Rock Mills....and have a congregation filled with such open-hearted servants....so...back to the camera I go. I should actually be at work today....making up the professional development day(it is only a half day)....but I ate some bad potato salad last night and not feeling healthy today....so I took the half day off....I did not need the hours...and was finished in my room....and did not feel it was worth the 2 hours of drive time.  So, today is my first official day of summer....whooo hooo.....I think I have enough projects to keep me going on into retirement....three years from now!  Have a Wonderful Tuesday!  I know I will....I have a 3:30 appointment at the Main Event to get a pedi!  Sigh!  Life does not get much better than this!

3 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

I think with the start of Summer you have found your Mojo. Way to go. Lots of projects to be done and enjoyed. I think you're gonna have a great summer!

Mary said...

Gosh, I HATE that you got that bad potato salad. One of my sisters was really into the blue depression glass (or was it green?). I know this was hard on you; glad God sent you a couple of angels to make it easier!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Enjoy your pedi!!! I used to go every two weeks like clockwork and haven't been in nearly a year! Soooo crazy stupid expensive over here!

Looking forward to seeing your ebay listings - I love looking at that kind of stuff!