Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Truisms

Yesterday one of the few emails I got was from my bowling sister Debbie.  Our school system is changing email providers....somebody probably forgot to renew a contract...anyways...we can't get school email....or at least we couldn't before I left.  Yesterday was a stinky day for me....in more ways than one.  I woke up with a queasy stomach...and by the time I got to school the stomach was not cooperating at all.  I spent the first part of the day huddled over with my face on my desk just trying not to cry.  I finally texted my boss and asked for a sub.  You know it is bad when I go home...especially after the middle of the day....but home I went....stopping along the road to leave my mark...and when I got there I curled up in my bed and went to sleep.  My temp was 100.1 and I felt like ....well you know.  Frank did my youth class at church last night and I took another power nap....so it was after 11 when I finally went to bed....and here I am....weaker...but feeling more stable.  I am going back to work today....and hopefully will stay.  With all that useless information shared....Debbie sent me a great email called truisms....and since I am still not 100% thought I would share it with you....since my brain hurts this morning.  They are quite profound.  Enjoy them and my little side comments too.
1] Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble; it is a "steering wheel" that directs us in the right path throughout life. (Funny that they used that analogy...since my drive time to work...is when I have my Hwyy 22 Conversations with God...behind the steering wheel.)
2] Do you know why a car's WINDSHIELD is so large & the rear view mirror is so small? Because our PAST is not as important as our FUTURE. So, look ahead and move on. (Obviously they have not seen the windshield of my HHR...I think the front and back are about the same size.)
3] Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write. (Did you know that I am 56 years old...and have two friends I have been friends with since I was 5.  Wow...51 years...that is pretty cool huh?)
4] All things in life are temporary. If going well enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don't worry, they can't last long either. (Amen)
5] Old friends are like Gold! New friends are Diamonds! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a base of Gold!
6] Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, GOD smiles from above and says, "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end! (These are the times I find myself catching my breath...only to realize it isn't the end....and waiting to exhale.....when will I learn?)
7] When GOD solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn't solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities. (Sometimes it makes me wonder if HE is sure I have those abilities.)
8] A blind person asked St. Anthony: "Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?" He replied: "Yes, losing your vision." (My biggest fear was always losing my hearing and I never thought about a difference between losing my sight and losing my vision....have you?)
9] When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them; and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.
10] WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES; it takes away today's PEACE. (This is one I have to work on....I worry sometimes....and you know...when I worry I think I am telling God...He isn't in charge...or can't handle something....WELL  I truly do believe that my God is Awesome..so if I do....I need to get over the worrying....and go on with living in Him.  Can I get an amen this morning?)  Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Xazmin said...

Oh Karen...I'm sorry you're so sick! I hope you feel better soon. Will keep you in my prayers!

LOVED the Truisms. Especially number 4...I hope you don't mind if I "borrow" it!