Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekend of Surprises

Yesterday was just a regular Sunday.  We were going to light the Advent Candles and have Communion since it was the first Sunday of the month.  When we got to church our pianist, Beth, was practicing her prelude...and it is one of my favorite Christmas songs...so I stood beside her....and sang quietly.....and Beth stopped and looked at me and said, "Why don't you sing with me for the prelude."  "Cool" was my response and so we began to practice in earnest.  After going over the song a couple of times Frank joined in.  Now this is the biggie....Frank sings with me in the car....but I have never heard him sing in public. His rich bass voice was so soothing as we sang together.  Beth was shocked.  The church has NEVER heard him sing....at all.  Beth said, "why don't you both do it."....so there it was....Frank and I were going to sing "Mary Did You Know" together as the prelude.....and it was our very first time to sing in public together....how exciting it was to stand before the church body and sing with my husband.  What a day!  I love days like this.  After church we joined with the Baptists (we hosted) and had our Christmas dinner.  There was so much food and so many people. Our fellowship hall just resounded with laughter and excitement.  At 2:30 we did a repeat performance of our song at the Williamsburg Manor service we do every first Sunday.  One of our members, Miss Omie, is a resident there and I love doing this service.  The residents are so excited to see us and they sing with us....and are just so loving.  We had a sad evening though.  We went to the viewing for Wayne Buchanan in the Valley.  He is Randy's nephew.  I have loved this family for years....even before Randy and Amanda married.  Please pray for Debbie and Phil....this Christmas is going to be tough for them....but it will be laced with excitement...because on December 16th, their daughter, Della is getting a baby.  His name will be Jax Buchanan Cheeny.  So this is all proof....that life truly does go and life goes on.  Have a Wonderful Monday.  XOXO K

3 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

How wonderful!! I hope to hear you sing someday!

Tina said...

This has become my *favorite* Christmas song. I absolutely love it. How cool that you and Frank sang it together!!

Mary said...

What a great song! You really need to post a clip of you singing!