Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Twas the Day Before....

I sit here in front of this blasted machine
When truly I should be holding a dust rag to clean
Twas the Day before our big Open House
Frank is still sleeping, it is quiet as a mouse.
I turned on the tree lights to bask in their light
And hope I survive until late Sunday night.
What kind of idiot was I...I am not Superman
Two Church Christmas programs, AND Open House.....Not a plan.
I have worked right beside my sweet husband all day
Thoughts fly through my head and they won't go away.
The gingerbreads made for Paula's sweet trifle
I made sure a closet held Frank's favorite rifle.
I've polished and put away into the night
Now I sit and survey all our work....a delight
The cheese balls are thawing and each has a plate
I am hoping to be back in my house Sunday by eight
Pam, Mary Shareefah and my daughter Kat
Will scurry around and pick up this and that
They will make sure the dishes are ne'er without food
An empty dish at Open House can be kind of rude.
My dear friend Jo James broke her knee while she shopped
But the centerpiece she made will make every eye pop
But you know it is time to quit worrying...it is done
And welcome each guest...and have lots of fun.
And as each guest departs and drive off with good cheer
I will tell them all....Hope to see you next year! 

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Cute!

Nel said...

How cute is that! Hope your open house goes well, you are a brave soul! Merry Christmas
until next time... nel

Mimi said...

You're such a good writer! Great post.

Hugs & love,
Mimi

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a great poem!!! I hope you enjoy all your guests and forget about stressin'!!! HUGS!