Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Sisterhood

My musical buddy, Marsha sent me this email.  She has a knack for knowing exactly when to send me one of those forwards.  I don't hear from her often....but when I do it is usually profound and this one I just had to share.  She says it is important to always be yourself because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones who mind, don't matter."

The email was called the Sisterhood of the Traveling Butterfly, but the butterflies did not come through on copy....so I am just renaming it Sisterhood.  I have discovered in my lifetime that Time Passes..... Life happens..... Distance separates..... Children grow up(even when we don't want them to)..... Jobs come and go. Love waxes and wanes. Men don't always do what they're supposed to do... Hearts break. Parents die. Colleagues forget favors. Careers end..... BUT.....Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach... When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end... Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you....or come in and carry you out. Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters.... Daughter-in-laws, sisters, sister-in-laws, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our life! The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still. I have discovered this to be so true.  This is my second year without my dad and with my mom in a nursing home.  If I did not have family, friends, and sisters....I would not be surviving right now.  I have poured myself into Christmas....I am even having an open house....wish you could all be here....but there is still a tugging at my heart that hurts.  I know I am not alone.  My cousin Amanda is NOT having an open house after 25 years of having one because she is in Emory Hospital with her sweet husband, Randy...he just had a stem-cell transplant.  Her sister-in-law, Debbie, and her husband, Phil just lost their 37 year old son.  He just died!  Christmas is a time when people get depressed and do crazy things....so I am asking you all....all of you sisters out there....to be a little kinder to a fellow sister during the month of December....you might find it is fun....and do it all year long.  I hope you do.  Say a prayer for your bloggy buddies and followers....who knows what they are going through.  Sisters of the Blogging World....Unite!  Have a wonderful weekend.  XXOO Love ya, K

No comments: