Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Acts of Love


I am so excited.  Friday, when I got home from school Frank was waiting under the carport for me....and after I got out of the car he asked me what I would give to see Third Day in concert.  I love Third Day....but before I could respond he then sweetened the pot and asked me....what about seeing Third Day, Michael W. Smith, and TobyMac all together.  He knew he had me.  I love all three of them....and I would love to see them in concert...but I looked at him and said....it depended on the price.  He was grinning the whole time....then he added....what it you could see Max Lucado too...I told him, "I think I would have died and gone to heaven."  He then told me that on October 10th....that is exactly what I am going to be doing.....with him.  I squealed loudly....I am going to be having dinner with a group while Max Lucado speaks about his new book, have VIP backstage passes, and reserved seats to see the concert!  OH WOW!  Frank has been my rock this year....it has been a tough year for me and October 9th is the first anniversary of my father's death.  I cannot think of a better way to celebrate my father going to be with Jesus than with Max, Mac, TobyMac and Michael W. Smith....with a little sweet Frank tossed in on the side.  I have a great husband....and Lord...who made all this happen....just for me.  When I finally settled down I realized that I have not been alone all year....God was right there beside me to get me over the rough spots.  When we went to see my mom later...I hugged her a little longer and harder....I am fortunate....and life is good!  Happy Saturday!  Thanks baby for making this happen!

2 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

That is so awesome Karen!! What a fabulous thing for your hubby to do for you... our guys are such keepers aren't they?! Your Dad will be there praising God with you as that sweet music raises up to God. Enjoy your celebration when it rolls around!!

Hugs, Sherry

Tina said...

You lucky, lucky girl!! I enjoy listening to all those as well and have several of Max Lucado's books. I can't wait to hear how it went!