Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Wehadkee Trade Days

I am officially unpacked. I don't have any idea where half my stuff is yet...but it is all out of the boxes. So, this morning Frank and I got up early. We were so excited. Today is Wehadkee Trade Days at the Old Sock Mill. I could hardly wait. I had no idea what to imagine...we finally got ready and headed up the road about a mile. I was expecting maybe Santuck? Disappointment filled my heart when we saw no one there. We went to Wal-mart to pick up some stuff for a dinner we are going to tonight, ate breakfast at Huddle House, got a paper...and LOW and BEHOLD...Trade Days starts at 8. After Huddle House we headed back to the old mill and there it was...Trade Days is inside the Old Mill...how cool is that? All around...there were venders with stuff. Some of it junk, some of it antiques, some of it trash...but people were looking....and Frank and I bought an item a piece. Frank bought an old time car wall art piece...to go with my dad's car collection that Frank has so lovingly set up. We are going to get a plaque made for the car wall and call it, "Doug's Wall." I think my dad would be tickled. I bought an apple basket. The parsonage kitchen is done in apples and my hot pads had no where to go...so into the apple basket they went. We spent a whopping $5.00. Weeee Doggies...we are the last of the big time spenders. Enjoy your fourth!

4 comments:

Tina said...

I love going to old historic celebrations. I have yet to go to the Covered Bridge celebration near us...but maybe one day.

Glad to hear you are moved in!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

I know you've been a busy bee! Glad to hear from you and know that you're all unpacked and hopefully feeling at "home".

Mary said...

Glad you got your stuff out of boxes! Hope it feels like home soon!

wind6 said...

Miss you!