Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, July 19, 2010

Louisville to Traverse City, MI

Last night when we got to Louisville David took us to Lynn's Paradise Cafe.....this place was the coolest ever.....Bobby Flay had a throwdown there...and Oprah featured this place on her show.  I hate a hot brown...and it was to die for.  We got up this morning and David had fixed us an awesome breakfast.  We all showered, ate, dressed, loaded the car back up again....and drove approx. two blocks from Davids were we went to the Mary Alice Hadley place.  How cool it was.  I bought the cutest Christmas tree ornament.  You know me, I am a sucker for Christmas stuff.  After the Mary Alice Hadley place we went to the Louisville Slugger factory.  In front of the factory and museum was a baseball bat that was every bit of four stories tall.  It was awesome.  We toured the factory and museum and took crazy pictures but had a ball.  After the Louisville Slugger factory we went to Star Bucks for Mandy to get a coffee fix.  Then hit the road and began the drive towards Michigan.....Indianapolis was our first big city to go through and traffic was terrible.  Then we hit South Bend - home of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish!  Grand Rapids was our next leg....and by the time we got there we realized we could make it to Traverse City.  First we would have to eat....so we picked an exit and ate at Rosies Diner.  Rosies is the place where the bounty commericals were made, AND Guy had been there with Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. How cool is that.  Although...none of us ate the dish guy came and tasted.  It was a cute place.....Traverse City.....ahhhh.....  What a lovely place this is.  Our hotel is the Cherry Inn and it is right on Lake Michigan...and lovely.   We walked down to the shoreline, then got into the jacuzzi tub.  It was so relaxing.  My left knee has been giving me problems...but the tub made it feel great.  Tomorrow we are going to the 43 parallel (the midway point between the equator and the North Pole.  We are also going to climb Sleeping Bear Dunes and do a chocolate tour.  Then we are headed to Sault Ste. Marie and Canada.  I am so excited.  Kat and I got our Michigan magnet today....so I am good to go.  See you tomorrow.  I will have pictures for you tomorrow too...so be prepared to be bombarded with pictures.

5 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Your in my neck of the woods!
We have kids in Glen Arbor...(sleeping bear sand dunes) and kids in Grand Rapids!
We're in between in Cadillac.
Eat at Rosies often ...Have a wonderful trip...Michigans shoreline is phenominal.
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Sweet Tea said...

Bring on the photos.
I'm ready and waiting!!
Glad you are having a wonderful time.

Mary said...

Oh! A CHOCOLATE TOUR!
Sounds like you're having a great time! Safe travels!

Trina said...

YUM! A chocolate tour!!!!

Sounds like y'all are having FUN!

Trina said...

YUM! A chocolate tour!!!!

Sounds like y'all are having FUN!