Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week One in Rock Mills

Today is Tuesday and I am supposed to get a teenager...who is going to come and help me organize...if nothing better comes along.  I worked in the office today....had a major spill...tripped over a cable cord...hurt my pride more than anything else.  I laid on the floor for a few minutes...and since Frank was up at his office getting it in order....cried like a baby.  I thought it would make me feel good...but it just made me have a sinus headache....sigh!  Teenager obviously found something better than helping a middle aged preachers wife unpack boxes...but I got a lot done.  There are 5 liquor boxes left in the office...and three of those go in the cedar chest...there are 10 boxes in the living room, 2 in the den, and 2 in the guest bedroom...and I am done.  We went to Clark Brothers Meat today...and bought a small family package of meat...came home and divided it up into Frank and Karen sized packages.  It was fun...we are having pork chops for supper...with some fresh squash our neighbor, Mrs. Gloria, brought us.  We have eaten chicken...in some form or fashion....5 times in the 7 days we have been here....NO MORE CHICKEN!  I do not feel like chicken tonight at all!....NEWS FLASH....no porkchops or squash tonight...we got a call from East Alabama Hospital and had to go to Opelika...our first official member in the hospital visit.  We ended up eating at Red Lobster.  I came home and tried to finish up a Google Doc class project I am working on for CEU's.  I ended up crying out of frustration and going to bed.  Tomorrow is another day Mrs. Scarlett.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I hate unpacking...but I like moving...go figure!