Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's Gonna Be a Bright Sunshiny Day!

Today was quite a day.  I have been up since 5 and it is a Saturday.  Our church is having a Pentecost Weekend and there were several service projects that were assigned to volunteers.  I chose the Clothes Closet.  Our job was to give away donated clothing.  Sounds easy enough eh?  Well...when we drove up at 7...it was going to be held outside.  OUTSIDE!  I had worn jeans and a 3/4 sleeve tee....by the time we got all the stuff out of the air-conditioned Arbor...I was soaked.  I ran home and changed quickly and put on something a little cooler...since it was going to be a really sunshiny day.  It was so much fun....we gave away clothes at our Yard Free (since it was not really a Yard Sale)...and the people were so fun to watch when we told them...the clothing was free...nada...nothing...take all you want...several tried to make donations....which we told to give to their church....our mission was to give away as much as we could...and we did a good job of it.  Yes, it was sunny and hot...but wow...what a feeling.  Speaking of sunny and hot....I got an award given to me today...by my sweet friend Mary.  It is the Sunshine Award and it is really cute.  Thanks Mary for thinking I deserved this award.  It made my day even better than it was...and it started out really awesome.

Isn't it beautiful? Here's what's next:


1. Post the logo on your blog and/or within the post.

2. Pass it on to 12 other bloggers.

3. Add links to these 12 bloggers within your blog.

4. Let them know they are receiving the award.

5. Share the link of the person from whom you received the award.
 
4.  Sweet Tea

2 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Good morning Karen!

Love the Yard Free your church had! What a great idea, I will stash that in my memory bank of ideas for the future. I'm the same as you, I would have been soaked too... has happened many a time.

Thank you for the sweet Sunshine award Karen!! You are so kind to think of me & sunshine together.

Have a great Lord's Day! hugs, Sherry

Mary said...

Oh, gosh, that sounds like something I would do...wear the wrong thing and get soaked! Hope everything went well!