Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, April 18, 2010

It's Not As Easy As It Looks

Frank, my husband, preached one of his best sermons today.  He started out with a story that Garrison Keillor, from Prairie Home Companion tells.  I love NPR and Prairie Home Companion.  Garrison Keillor has such a dry wit.  He entertained us for 19 days on our Pacific Northwest Vacation.  Everywhere we stopped we would find another book on tape so we could hear more of his tales.  I love storytellers...and I think that is why I love Books on Tape so much.  Argh!  I am getting off point here...the story that I loved the most was about a man who was trying to cross the street. As he steps off the curb a car comes screaming around the corner and heads straight for him. The man walks faster, trying to hurry across the street, but the car changes lanes and is still coming at him. So the guy turns around to go back, but the car changes lanes again and is still coming at him. By now, the car is so close and the man so scared that he just freezes and stops in the middle of the road. The car gets real close, then swerves at the last possible moment and screeches to a halt right next him. The driver rolls down the window. The driver is a squirrel. The squirrel says to the man, "See, it’s not as easy as it looks, is it?"  So many times in life we talk about things other people do...how we would have done it differently...and how easy the answer seemed....but...unless we have walked in that person's moccassins...we truly don't know how easy or hard something is.  So signing off for Sunday with my most favorite Garrison Keillor quote, "Goodbye from Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average." Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Mary said...

That reminds me of that commercial where the squirrel makes the car run out of the road! When we see a squirrel that's been hit, we always say: BSD (Bad Squirrel Decision)!

Trina said...

hahaha Love that!!!

Sweet Tea said...

That was great!
Loved it.
And I also love that you're a cheerleader for your husband!
Rah! Rah!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing that!