Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In Memory of Melissa

My former student, Melissa Spicer died yesterday at 3:00 p.m. at the Bethany House in Opelika, in the same place and room where my aunt spent her final days.  Melissa was such a joy to all she met and I just thought today I would change my post idea and do a small memorial for her.  The picture you see is exactly what she was.  She was a happy person.  I can't say that I ever knew her to say anything down or negative....ever.  She came into my life....and I was supposed to touch her life and teach her...but when it was all said and done...she touched my life and taught me.  These kinds of students don't come along often...and when they do...they make teaching worthwhile.  Thank you Melissa for touching my life during your short walk on earth.


4/15/79 - 4/12/2010

"When I am gone, release me, let me go

I have so many things to see and do

You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears

Be happy that we had so many years.

I gave you my love, you can only guess

How much you gave to me in happiness

I thank you for the love you each have shown

But now it's time I traveled on alone.

So grieve a while for me if grieve you must

Then let your grief be comforted by trust

It's only for a while that we must part

So bless the memories within your heart.

I won't be far away, for life goes on

So if you need me, call me and I will come

Though you can't see me or touch me I'll be near

All of my love around you soft and clear.

And then, when you must come this way alone

I'll greet you with a smile and say"

"Welcome Home"

2 comments:

Mary said...

Prayers going out for Melissa, her family, and her friends. May she rest in peace and may her family and friends know she's in a much better place.

Deb said...

Karen,

This is a touching tribute to Melissa.

May God comfort all who love her and are grieving over this great loss.

Sweet dreams.