Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Two For the Price of One

South of the Border Salsa
2 cans of whole kernel corn (I use 1 white and 1 yellow), drained and rinsed
2 cans of black beans – drained and rinsed
4 green onions – chopped
1 small carton of feta cheese – broken into small pieces
Sweet and sour dressing (below)
Dressing:
¾ c apple cider vinegar
¾ c sugar (Splenda can be substituted here)

Mix the first 4 ingredients together thoroughly. Add dressing and toss. Let it sit a couple of hours and chill. Serve as a side dish/salsa/dip.
Serve with fritos, tortilla chips, or by itself.

Vegetable Pizza
2 pkg. crescent rolls
1 – 8 oz cream cheese (can use fat free)
1 pkg – dry Ranch dressing
1/2-1 cup of Mayonaise(depnding on how much it takes)
1 pkg broccoli and cauliflower mix
1 pkg baby carrots
1 pkg shredded sharp cheese

Spread our crescent rolls flat on a cookie sheet, pinching seams together. Bake according to directions on the tube.Mix softened cream cheese, dry ranch dressing and use enough mayonnaise to smooth out the mixture. In a food processor(or with a hand chopper....or you can buy them already chopped) – chop up veggies – one kind at a time. Spread cheese mixture on crescent rolls. Top with veggies and sprinkle cheese on it. Refrigerate for about an hour and cut before serving. Both of these are big favorites with my family and friends. When I take them to gatherings I never bring any of it back. They are simple....you know I am all about simple...but it looks like you really spent some time preparing this. I hope you enjoy them. Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I've made the veggie pizza before. Really, really good!

Sweet Tea said...

You are in a cooking mood, aren't you? I do that at times. Love to find new recipes, so keep 'em coming!

CDScott said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I came to see yours today. I am going to try the salsa recipe. Looks yummy!