Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Dinner


I cooked dinner for my friends Deborah and Danny tonight. It was a belated birthday meal. Sometimes we go out for our birthdays but this weekend I wanted to do something special. So....we ate at the dining room table....with the china....and candles. It was a great meal. Good company, good food, and great fellowship made the evening just perfect. I served green beans (my favorite veggie), corn, shepherds pie, garlic bread, Italian salad, and topped it off with applesauce poor man's pie. Yummm Yummmm. The Shepherds pie was so good I thought I would share the recipe with you....especially those of you who have meat and potatoes kinds of guys in your life. This dish is a great way to use leftover beef and mashed potatoes!


Ingredients:
•1 large onion, quartered and sliced
•2 tablespoons butter or margarine
•2 cups diced leftover roast beef, or 2 cups of browned, ground hamburger meat
•2 cups brown or beef gravy, leftover or prepared from mix
•1/2 cup sliced or diced cooked carrots
•1 cup frozen peas, cooked
•salt and pepper, to taste
•2 cups leftover mashed potatoes, or make them fresh it does not matter
Preparation:
Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat; add onions. Sauté onions until tender; add diced beef, gravy, carrots, and peas. Heat through; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer to baking dish. Microwave the potatoes if they are left over and spoon the potatoes over the shepherd's pie meat and vegetables (press potatoes through a pastry tube, if desired). Bake shepherd's pie at 400° for about 30 minutes, or until mashed potatoes are browned and gravy is bubbling. Shepherd's pie serves 4. I hope you enjoy it. It is a great company meal and comfort food on a cold winters night. Bon Appetite!

1 comment:

Sweet Tea said...

Good Golly Miss Molly - that looks soooo good!