Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, February 19, 2010

Oh What A Night!


I am a bowling fool. Tuesday nights I bowl on a women's league. Thursday nights I bowl with Frank on a mixed Christian league. I am not a good bowler,and Lord knows I am not consistent...I have my own ball, shoes and bag. I am a pro!(NOT!) Most of the time I am lucky to hit my average...but I have fun. Up until this year I was the only female bowling with Jerry O'Neil (carries a 200+ average), John Naler (carried a 189 average), and Frank (carries a 160 average). I had a 118 average. I am a definitely a good partner on a handicap league because I have a large sized one. This year John hurt his shoulder and was not going to be able to bowl....so Jerry's wife MaeLynn joined our team. Our team name is 2 Queens and 2 Jokers. You can figure out who is who. My average has improved a bit...it is now a 129...but tonight....tonight was a dream come true. Every Tuesday and Thursday night...when some person bowls a 200+ game, Mike, the owner, calls out their name and score over the loud speaker. The closest I have ever gotten was a 179...I knew one day...One day it would be my turn....and Thursday night, February 18th...my dream came true. I was hitting well and bowled a 135 the first game, a 145, the second...and the third game I only had one open frame. I ended up with a 201. I wondered on the 10 frame why everyone seemed so quiet...I did not know what my score was....during the 10th frame...I bowled three strikes (my first Turkey)...I was so excited...and then Frank grabbed me and asked me if I knew what my score was...I was stunned when he said I had a 201! Wooo Hooo...my name was called out tonight....the only thing was...most of the crowd had left...but it did not matter...I heard Mike say, Karen Korb rolled a 201 tonight and only has a 129 average. Ahhhhh...sometimes in life you are blessed with tiny little treats...and mine was a tasty one! Happy Friday to all!

5 comments:

Jacki said...

Gobble Gobble! Way to go Karen!
I too love to bowl (but I'm sooooo bad at it)
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment today. It means bunches!

Valerie said...

Girl how awful I have been! I haven't been over here in a while! Of course I haven't been to any blog in while! I am not one for bowling - nope. One of those ones who throws it behind me so it will hit someone in the crowd. lol

~j said...

that's so awesome. my dad was a professional bowler so i grew up at the alley...such good memories.

Queenie Jeannie said...

You go girl!! I don't care for bowling but my Bella LOVES it!

Xazmin said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations! I too love bowling, but rarely go, and I don't even know what my average is...but it is way lower than yours I can tell you that!