Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, February 5, 2010

I Am Karen, and I Am A Klutz!

My name should have been Grace...maybe then I would have had some. I am most assuredly the clumsiest person on the face of the earth...if I can fall down it, or up it...I will. Needless to say...mountain climbing is not on my Ten Things To Do Before I Die list. Anyways...it all started when I was young. I think I was three the first time I fell into a wall at my house....and lost two or three teeth. From there it progressed to standing and falling down when walking and chewing gum. The first time I wore heels to church...and believe me...they were only 1.5 inches high....I missed the first step entirely and fell down a flight of stairs only to land at the bottom, with my dress around my head and my days of the week panties glaring up at the boy I was trying to impress with my big girl shoes...needless to say....big girl shoes are NOT my friend. The most humiliating thing about this moment...was not the laughter of the people watching...although that did hurt...nope...it was the fact that I was not even wearing the right panties for the day! I have fallen both down and up the stairs at BRHS during my 20+ years of teaching. Once, I got up in my classroom, during a video, and forgot that I had pulled out my bottom desk drawer....I found myself flat on my back with my class in shock. I have tripped over the star basketball players feet in my class(accidentally he said), fallen flat on my face and slid across the room like a beached whale...all the way to the door...and to my bosses feet (He would have chosen that moment to enter my room). I broke up a fight between two boys once...not on purpose...I happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time....I took an elbow in the nose, thus seeing stars and breaking the nose. It broke up the fight for sure...the two boys were beside themselves. Needless to say...I am a KLUTZ with all caps. I have been called one most of my life....do you know what one is? According to Webster's Dictionary it is an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody's physical coordination or social skills...[see Karen]. The last part I added...but it could be there. So, if any of you are Klutzy....just know that you are not alone. Klutzes of the world Unite!...or...just watch your step! Happy Friday to All!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Karen,

My name is Deb, and I'm a klutz too.

While I don't think that I ever fell down in my classroom, I did wear one navy shoe and one black shoe to school once.

My students thought that was quite funny. Don't think I ever lived that one down.

I can so feel your pain.

Thanks for the kind and encouraging comment that you left on my blog.

I'm following you as well.

Hey, I think I may be in your backyard...I live in Wetumpka.

Sweet dreams.