Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, November 9, 2009

Did I Do That?

Oh Lord! My mom has a new trick. She has been most entertaining at the Dadeville Healthcare Center. She sets the door alarms off several times during the day and the little aids, CNAs, nurses, staff...whoever is around ahs to go and get her away from the door and keep her from going outside. She has become a high flight risk. Poor momma. She is just like an incorrigible child. I called on Saturday to see if we could come and see her....the nurse sighed....and said, "she is still asleep....please don't make us wake her us." I realized it had been a long night and thought I would call back later...I did only to find out that she was pacing in warp speed. I called on Sunday only to find out about her new trick. She sets off fire alarms. While I was on the phone she set it off....and the nurse sighed audibly on the phone. I don't know who I feel sorrier for....my mom for being there....or the nurses she deals with on a daily basis. I know it cannot be easy for either of them. Anyways....she is coming to Adam's on Monday...so the Dadeville help....will be able to breathe easy....Everytime my mom makes an alarm go off....she looks at whoever comes to make it stop and says, "Did I do that?" This is very funny to me....my mom....is mischievous. She would never have tolerated this behavior from either my brother or from me...and yet here she is....driving her caregivers nuts. I remember once she told me that when someone takes the easy way out...it makes more work for someone else....I wonder was that a lesson I was supposed to learn...or did she believe it...because you would never know it by her actions....but then...will the real Wilma Sasser please stand up. Happy Monday!

No comments: