Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, August 7, 2009

Birmingham Consignment Shopping

Mary and I got up early this morning...and after a few stops here in town headed to Birmingham to go consignment shopping. Now, consignment shopping can be a good thing (where you find all kinds of bargains), or a not so good thing (where you get nothing). Today was a red letter day. I got the cutest Laura Ashley skirt, top and jacket set at the Clotheshorse. It is one of my favorite little consignment shops. They don't take junk and what they have is really stylish, clean, and has a number of miles left in it. Then...I got a cute pair of Clark Sandals...barely worn....there was not even a foot bed print in them....at Silver Lining off Hwy 150 in Bessemer. I am so excited. I stand on my feet all day and these feel like standing in clouds! After Silver Lining...and following the Map Quest directions I had run...we went looking for the next place in Bessemer....to no avail...what we ended up....was lost! Not to fear, Mary and I called her son Jesse....who works for Southern Company in Inverness...and had him GPS us to I 65. We met him at T.G.I.Friday's for lunch. I had the pecan crusted chicken salad...with low-fat balsamic vinagairette....lunch sized. Then we went to Collage's off Hwy 31. I got some cute moleskin black pants, a black jacket like thing...with one button...and a cute black, turquoise and white jacket....my stuff was all half price...and I spent a grand total of 30.00 there. I was thrilled. After Collages, we found Some Wear in Time off the Summit Road. Mary racked up there and got three adorable tops. She had gotten a skirt and two tops at Collages....and three darling dresses for her granddaughter at the Clotheshorse (75%off - 11.00 total). We took advantage of the tax free day Birmingham was having today and lucked out. Getting home was a bummer....we ended up getting caught in Friday afternoon, tax free weekend, 5:00 traffic. An hour and a half max trip...took almost 3 hours today. I was so frustrated when I finally got to the other side of Double Oak Mtn. Glad to be home...purchases are all put away....and I am grinning like a cheshire cat! Have a Happy Friday...my last free one until Fall Break...the second week in October!

2 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh! Looks like a fun day! I wouldve loved to tag along for those stops! Sound slike you got some great buys!

Beachbumaw said...

Sounds like a blast! Next time you come over the mountain check out Rennasance (on Hwy 119 @280) it is new and FABULOUS!