Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Love as a Way of Life

My sweet daughter Kathryn's Sunday School class at Frazier United Methodist is doing a study right now on Gary Chapman's book, Love as a Way of Life. The topic for the last two weeks has been kindness. Kindness comes easy for Kat...because she is a kind person....but she has been instructed to not only be kind....but find kindness in others. She and her friend Mandy did a small pay-it-forward this morning that I think is kind of neat....and if more people treated others like this....the world would be a much nicer place to live in. This morning the girls went to Starbucks and paid for coffee....for people coming in....ahead of time...and instructed the manager not to tell. The cashier asked them...."if there was a hidden camera." It was sad to think that we only do nice things when we think someone is watching. Anyways,after they paid the money (and it was not a bunch of money) they sat at one of those cute little Starbucks tables and watched. People came to get coffee...and were told that their cup had already been taken care of. Kat said that some of the people...actually paid it forward again...others looked around trying to see if there was a hidden camera...or a gotcha waiting for them....but for around an hour....Kathryn and her friend Mandy were thrilled beyond words as they paid-it-forward and showed a random act of kindness. Funny thing...after she shared her story with me...I had the urge to do something totally random. So I mailed Spirit Jump cards. My encouragement to you today....do one random act of kindness every week....and see how it makes you feel. You know...when you practice love as a way of life...you really bloom.

2 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Karen!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! I sure enjoyed visiting yours and I love this post on paying it forward. I am a firm believer in that. I love to do things to make other people feel good or that they have worth in this big world. I think it is the biggest lesson we can learn here for this short venture. Jesus certainly tried to teach us that but there are so many that don't get it! I guess we just pray for them that they will catch on before their ride is over. You are an awesome busy talented lady and you DO where many hats girl!! I'm so blessed to have met you today!
I'll be back!

Big hugs, Sherry

Belle's Blog said...

Great post and this is so true!