Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Friday, July 17, 2009

Gripe Session - Small One

Today is Friday. I have three weeks left of summer vacation and I really wanted to lay out by Mary's pool today....but that is not what is going to happen. I am sitting with my dad because my mom has a little friend who is a few fries shy of a happy meal who does not drive....and even though she has family that live here in this town...my mom is the only one who seems to have time for Gay. Gay is different. She is mentally challenged and lives by herself. So, Friday...my mom told her she would take her to do her errands and get groceries. The only problem here is that my mom did not ask me if that was ok. When she does this for Gay...my dad either goes and sits in the hot car while the two women shop....or stays home with someone. Today he did not want to go sit in the hot car...he wanted to stay home and I was the only one here at the time. So all my plans...were cancelled. Now...I am sounding like a selfish brat...and perhaps I am. Gay and her family drive me nuts. I have seen my mom....sick....get up and take Gay somewhere...anywhere....Gay calls....and my mom can't get out of the house fast enough to be of service. My question is...what will she do when my mom can no longer drive????? I think she takes advantage of my mother....and that makes me mad. I think her family takes advantage of my mother...it does not seem to bother them for my mom to haul their sister around all over town....and never even offer to give money towards gas. I am feeling selfish right now....I should be delighted that someone needs my mom...and she feels she has usefulness....and I do. I just wish this one would limit her running around to one day a week...and quit calling my house forty thousand times a day....leaving the message..."Wilma, this is Gay call me." Translated means..."Get over here and be at my beck and call. I have things to do and places to go." Griping done. I feel better for sounding off. I know you are all probably thinking I am heartless....and perhaps I am....I am just protective.

1 comment:

Mary said...

It can be extremely frustrated when we feel that our loved ones are being taken advantage of by others. My husband has shared your frustration many times...and I slowly learned to put him first & let other people deal with their own (self-inflicted) problems.

I'm glad you have a safe venue to vent! :o)