Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Girls - The Bow Heads

Kat and Jill have been friends since they were born. It was a simple thing....Jill's mom was my friend....I am Jill's godmother...Deborah was my daughters second momma....when they were 4 and 5 the bow head girls pictures started. We took the first one at Jill's fourth birthday....and they lasted until they were out of high school before they finally said, "NO MORE!" But...once when they were 4 and 5 I was at Gayfer's Dept Store (it is now Dillards)...in the foundation department being fitted for a bra. I had the girls with me....Deborah was in another area of the department. The girls got very quiet...and then the sales clerk and I heard this angelic giggling....but we could not find them....when we did...they were sitting on the platform in the bridal fitting room....looking at themselves in the three way mirror. On their sweet little heads was a Quad X sized bra....nude....a cup on each head...and the strap was attached under their chins. The whole department was hysterical....as was I. Of course, this was in the days before cell phone cameras....and I was not the camera nut I am now....so I did not have my Nikon in my purse. The only picture that remains...is the one in my memories....and those of the sales clerks. It was one of those Master Card moments....Priceless!

7 comments:

Belle's Blog said...

Sooo funny!! It's crazy some of the things we did as kids and our own do! Priceless ...you better believe it! I have so many from my boys. The oldest once papered the window of the bathroom with always with wings... embarrassing , but so hilarious! Have an amazing day!

KatBouska said...

They sound adorable!! If I were you I would force them to continue the bow pictures...maybe bribe them?? ;)

Unknown said...

I can imagine! I can just picture it! What a funny little story! TFS

Leslie said...

What a cute story. It is funny how easy it is to snap a picture now. I've always got my camera in my purse too. For all those bra on the head moments!

Judah said...

tto cute!! welcome to SITS

Xazmin said...

Ha ha! That is so funny. Whish I could have seen it!

Although maybe the next time I am in a department store with my friend....hmmmm.

Trina said...

ROFL!!! I can just see them!