Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Monday, April 20, 2009

Too Cool to Believe!

I cannot believe it. I am still pinching myself. I went to Walmart today....and no..that is not why I am pinching myself. Well....as I was leaving...a cashier said, "hey....you...I know you!" I did not know her. But I acknowledged that she was speaking to me. I told her who I was and where I worked and who my mother was. It was almost like name, rank, and serial number for the military. She continued with, "I know I know you....and those things you just told me are not how.....but...hummm....WAIT! You opened for George Jones in Columbus on Friday night...didn't you?" I blushed a bit and admitted that I was guilty as charged. The lady in the line then said, "I saw you when you sang for Cowboy Crush at the RiverCenter in Columbus," and the man behind her said, "I saw you at the ampitheater in Phenix City. I can't remember the name of your group....but it was you and a couple of other blonde women....and you guys were great! Now...Alexander City is over 90 miles from Columbus....yet, here I was....in my town....in my Walmart....having a moment of paparatzi (excuse the spelling), my brief shining moment of fame....and to be honest. I loved every moment of it. They won't remember me next week....but today...today....I was somebody to be reconned with....I was a Still Magnolia! Happy Monday

4 comments:

Sweet Tea said...

Can I get your Autograph??
What a thrill that had to have been. I bet you floated out the door, rather than walking!

What songs did you sing when you opened for George?

Trina said...

And I get the wonderful privilege of calling you one of my dearest friends!!

Mary said...

WooHoo!!! It's always nice to be recognized for something you're proud of :o)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

how cool is that!