Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Sign of the Rainbow

Today is Sunday. It is a Sunday when we mess with time and my body hates that. I am not particularly fond of springing forward because I am so much better at falling back. Last night in a rather distressful fit of sleep, of lack thereof, I had a terrible dream about bad weather. I woke up several times to check outside only to find that all was right with the world. During the last clip of my dream there was a tornado involved.....and when the sun rose after the night of terror.....there is was a most awesome rainbow. I love rainbows. I love to see them after a particularly frightening storm....because when I see them I know what they mean. In Genesis 9: 12-17 God gives us an assurance or covenant that he will never destroy the earth by flood again. So when the waters start to rise just read the following verses and remember..."12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
17 So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth." Next time you see a rainbow, understand that you have just had a personal message from God. How cool is that?

1 comment:

Xazmin said...

Thanks for sharing this today. I also love rainbows, and what they stand for.