Isaiah 6:8

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Still Magnolias Have Arrived


Oh my....we have arrived. We recieved notification this weekend that we are opening for George Jones on April 17th in Columbus, GA. I was excited....what a great birthday present....mine is on April 15th. We opened for Cowboy Crush back in the summer...and when I was told we had been asked to open for them....I am ashamed to say I did not know who Cowboy Crush was. We actually met the girls about two hours before showtime...and they were lovely. If you have never heard Cowboy Crush you need to go to you tube and listen to their song, "He's Coming Home." It is one of the most powerful songs I know of. If you have a child or spouse in the military....or even if you don't....it will touch you deeply. But enough of Cowboy Crush. We are opening for a Country Music Hall of Famer.....a legend. I am not a big country music follower....but even I know who George Jones is....and know some of his music. He did a song several years ago called, "He Stopped Loving Her Today" that I just absolutely loved. It was a song about how someone who only stopped loving his lady....in death. Oh well.....at 7:00 on April 17th I will be shaking in my boots as the lights come on in the Civic Center and we begin our segment of the show.....only to be followed by George Jones. Who knows.....I may get my tour bus yet. LOL! If you live in the Columbus, GA area....and like George Jones....and want to hear Still Magnolias sing.....come on out. We would love to have you! Have a Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, my gosh! That is like, the chance of a lifetime. I am so happy for you! I am going to have to come and hear you play sometime! Congratulations!And an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Sweet Tea said...

WOW!!!
Can I tell people I know you?
Heck, can I tell them you're my very best friend? LOL
I love country music and who doesn't know about George Jones. Oh how I wish I could be there. Any chance you can Utube a bit of your group? I'd love to see & hear it!!!
From: Your Best Friend

Xazmin said...

Congratulations! And for your birthday! I wish I could be there:)

B said...

Serious? Am I mentally slow to JUST pick up that you sing? I'd love to hear your stuff. Wow. You have just chocked B speechless, and that is quite the feat.

Oh, let me get over my inability to find words to say, "Way to go!"